Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Just trying to see what the montly expenses for you daily driving guys are. i.e. gas, maintenance, etc.

Just trying to plan out my future for when i finally pony up and get one :) thanks all

edit: and can u post mods that you have done too please thanks

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
If you just stay BPU, reliability will be fine, gas mileage will suck, you will get tons of attention both good and bad, increased chance of theft, and you just need to stay on top of your regular maintanance.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. :) I just wish I didnt have the temptation and could just walk to my DD everyday instead of to the Supra...forcing me so much more in gas every week.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Dego Red said:
Couldn't have said it better myself. :) I just wish I didnt have the temptation and could just walk to my DD everyday instead of to the Supra...forcing me so much more in gas every week.
ditto 15 mpg ain;t cool

·
GO FASTER, GO FASTER
178 Posts
yea mine is stock Minus a FMIC and Gas is sucking even more now that gas is so high and you have to but the top grade into it. but I love driving my Supra everyday just wish she didn't go through gas so fast. :(

·
Something cool
670 Posts
After driving a Ford lightning as a daily driver my supra is a dream. Gas mileage is damn good for it being a sports car. I get 20-25 on highway v.s. 12 with my lightning. Plus it cost only cost like 40 dollers to fill up.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
cwtt said:
If you just stay BPU, reliability will be fine, gas mileage will suck, you will get tons of attention both good and bad, increased chance of theft, and you just need to stay on top of your regular maintanance.
Shit I got great gas mileage when I was BPU+. Just stay out of boost and you are driving a 3.0 I-6 with a 8.5:1 compression ratio.

Joe

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
michaelvanle said:
11.4 mpg w/ no boost isn't cool.
Not sure why your gas milage is so low. Mine was not that low.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Here is my expense for driving every day single turbo @25psi pump/methanol
One month of gas=$90-$100 or so.
One month of methanol/water=$2.00(still on the 5-gallon pail over a year later)
Once a month oil change=$15.00
New plugs (ngk 3330)=$11.50
My car doesnt get good gas mileage in the city, around 10-14mpg but highway is around 22-24mpg. I am always getting on it almost every chance I get so my gas usage is slightly higher than someone who babies their car.

Lawrence

·
Registered
839 Posts
i have a 93' w/ 70k on it. fmic stage 1 phr single turbo kit, exhaust, fuel controller, and a few guages. I get 28ish on the highway. and 20ish in the city. And thats with quite a bit of hard driving. Perhaps you bpu guys need to consider getting some sort of tuning. I drive about 30 miles a day too. All i do maintenence wise is oil changes, and replace tires hehe. 430whp and 399tq on 93 octane. This car is ungodly reliable. Hell ive even left my dome lights on over night and it still starts with like 9v of juice if that. Supra is awesome, if you do things right the first time you wont have to do them again. i dont drive like as much of a poon as yall are thinking either.

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
My car is stock with NOTHING since my fucking parts havent been here for like hmmmmmmmmm I been waiting since fucking February for my shit :rant:

The car has around 91,XXXmiles on it right now. Its a 1993.5 MKIV TT Automatic and its not too bad.

So far I paid around 900bucks to get the left and right rear wheel bearing pulled for new ones, left had to get a new hub placed, raid flush and fill, brake fluid flush and fill, new brake pads, oil and filter, power steering, new brake lines.

The realibty of the car is top notch since I'm able to turn the car on everyday and not worry about it not starting. All that crap I said above is maintance and every car will need some work done sooner or later so I dont really put this in the whole its an unrealibe car thing. Also the car gets around 250-300miles a tank with many WOT runs and burst down the road. So its not that bad of a car to be daily driven........however I am looking for a bike/ecno box to replace the it as a daily. Soon hopefully.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
well.. i pretty much DD my car but i use public transportation alot as well (cuz traffic is a pain in the ass in downtown chicago)

3 months of gas = $400
3 months of oil changes = $40
3 months of spark plugs =$20
tires wear out more since you drive more (everyone always forgets to factor this one in and its the biggest hit in the pocket by far)

and im running single, auto, with AEM

btw, i put bout 6k-7k miles on the car a year

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
cuemaster said:
if ya gotta ask.....
:stupid:

But anyways... BPU + FMIC + cam gears on stock boost.

a month of gas = $250 (i love cali)
oil every 3k = $50 (mobil1 oil and filter)

you'll also have to take into account your regular wear and tear items (brakes, tire, etc..) ive put over a grand into my car right after i got it on services alone. (60k service, timing belt, valve stem seals, etc....)

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
93 twintrbo said:
Here is my expense for driving every day single turbo @25psi pump/methanol
One month of gas=$90-$100 or so.
One month of methanol/water=$2.00(still on the 5-gallon pail over a year later)
Once a month oil change=$15.00
New plugs (ngk 3330)=$11.50
My car doesnt get good gas mileage in the city, around 10-14mpg but highway is around 22-24mpg. I am always getting on it almost every chance I get so my gas usage is slightly higher than someone who babies their car.

Lawrence

How the hell do you only pump like $100 a month of gas??? i only drive my supra like 7 or 8 days outta the month and i'm paying about $100 a month. and changing your oil for only $15, unless your useing some cheap ass oil and filter i dont understand how you do it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cuemaster said:
if ya gotta ask.....
just wanna prepare myself for it. i know gas isnt going to be efficient especially with the set up i am thinking about going with. im horrible with money and about to deploy so i figured im going to use the supra as a big excuse for me to change my ways and try to develop a budget .. a loose one.. but itll be one nonetheless:)

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
Blk96SupraTT said:
How the hell do you only pump like $100 a month of gas??? i only drive my supra like 7 or 8 days outta the month and i'm paying about $100 a month. and changing your oil for only $15, unless your useing some cheap ass oil and filter i dont understand how you do it.
i drive the supra maybe 10-15days a month, its about 2 tanks give or take, i do a full service from all fluids to new spark plugs including brake flush, for only 37.00 every other month to keep it in tip top shape even though its a bit overkill, but i use to work for Longo Toyota so all my good friends all hook me up w/ the MDT sexay service lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts