Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see people use the term "Daily Driver". WHat do you mean? When do you consider the car to be "Race"? I am rebuilding, and going for 400rwhp, but I drive the car a couple times a week and twice a month at the track, 1/4 and 1/8. Of course I am thinking about 40 over pistons, I would like to go 25 or 30 over if I can find them in the odd size. The machinist said I can probabley get off sizes, but I have to wait for the pistons.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
if you rely on the car for your transportation needs, it is your daily driver. if you take it out somewhat regularly, it's a weekend/good weather car. if you use it solely for racing purposes, then it's a race car.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Nocheez said:
if you rely on the car for your transportation needs, it is your daily driver. if you take it out somewhat regularly, it's a weekend/good weather car. if you use it solely for racing purposes, then it's a race car.

pretty much sums it up...end this thread. good job, nocheez...rep points 4 u

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this is true the why do people use this term "If it is going to be a daily driver"? I was thinking that they are referring to a power rating.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
etdean2 said:
If this is true the why do people use this term "If it is going to be a daily driver"? I was thinking that they are referring to a power rating.

because the more power you have, the more potential problems you will encounter. when its a daily driver, some people dont want to push too much power because they dont want to encounter those potential problems due to the fact that they want their car to be running 100% of the time.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
exactly. You will soon realize if not already. More shit you do to your everyday car, more chances there are for it to break. Start adding more power and that adds more stress on things. I dont think I would ever mod a DD anymore after having something for once I never touched. I have a vehicle that I finally dont have to worry about at all. lol

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Well, some things for a dd are ok, but I guess it seems that way for me cuz I'm NA. Intake and exhaust to help the engine breathe, small little tweaks to keep under the hood heat down. Maintenence is #1 for me since my supra is a daily driver.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
My DD is the Supra. And Im modding the hell out of it.

But yea, I know im taking a risk. Oh well, thats why I got the car.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Don't forget that modding can also relieve engine stress and get better gas mileage. It's when u jack up the boost and drive it hard that starts to decrease the life of the engine. It all depends on the engine though also... :stickpoke

-Craig :freak:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Higher Performance = Higher Maintenance.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I think when people say its there DD, they mean its there only car. I drive my supra almost every day, but I always have a second car as my beater. Also, I would never race my car at the track if I did'nt have a second car. Its just too risky with all the pounding on the car, especially when you start having lots of HP and use dragradials.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts