Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you folks recommend for rebuilding a TE-44 turbo (buick style 3-bolt flange) in the Dallas/DFW area for best bang/buck and why?

· Registered
335 Posts
I've always used Majestic Turbo in Irving. They have been around forever, they do good work and they are fair priced...

My $.02

Shane

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how ironic, a LOT of people on the turbo buick forums have told me to avoid majestic turbo at all costs complaining that they do shoddy rebuilds..They told me they don't do proper turbo rebuilds and some of them failed shortly after having majestic rebuild their turbos. Have any of you experienced anything like this or can comment on your direct experience of Majestic turbo's worksmanship/ :sadance:

· Registered
1,508 Posts
dejacky said:
how ironic, a LOT of people on the turbo buick forums have told me to avoid majestic turbo at all costs complaining that they do shoddy rebuilds..They told me they don't do proper turbo rebuilds and some of them failed shortly after having majestic rebuild their turbos. Have any of you experienced anything like this or can comment on your direct experience of Majestic turbo's worksmanship/ :sadance:
You told you that? Mike is the best guy to deal with. He offer free inspection and call you right back. But then you are looking for bestbang for the buck. The price is the best is good. Very honest!!!!!
JPI

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IGGYWOOWOO said:
I too have heard Majestic is the one to use... but to only use the facility in Waco!

Brandon
Brandon, why is Majestic's waco facility "better" than their Dallas one?

· Registered
561 Posts
I too have heard good things about Majestic in Waco. A guy (David I think) came down to the Texas Mile to help the turbo guys tweak some on his own nickel and talked with me at length about a new setup for my GN. I have thought about getting him to build me something for the Supra when I get ready.

· Registered
980 Posts
When I had me ct26 upgrate and rebuild(to4E-46) for 93MR2, I sent to Majestic in Waco,It leak oil in two days.Sent it back.... then fine for long time

· King Ding-a-ling!
3,283 Posts
dejacky said:
Brandon, why is Majestic's waco facility "better" than their Dallas one?
I was advised by multiple groups of people... from the GN crowd to DSM guys. I am not sure why though. I did send a turbo from my old 90 Grand Prix turbo to that facility. I was a very happy customer as their work was good and their price was reasonable.

Brandon

· EFI Certified Tuner
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't like this inconsistency I'm hearing about Majestic Turbo...maybe I should just stick with www.limitengineering.com . Every customer I know has always reported good work the first time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.