1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a hurry and had the targa top secure, or so I thought
It popped off and landed on the exterior side, some dents and scratches
I know they are aluminum.
Can it be repaired or should I find a replacement from a junk yard?
I know, stupid and potentially costly mistake

Thx

·
From the land down under
4,568 Posts
Without having pics to look it, If the dents arent too bad, itm sure it could be repaired by a competent body shop.

Also, I imagine the chance of finding a better one in a junk yard would be fairly slim, given the rarity of these fine steeds

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agree with Mr Ree Z.......a competent body shop can likely fix this. Make sure however that the shop has experience in working with aluminum body panels as the repair of aluminum is way different than that of convention steel panels. I know that this will sound like heresy, but think about shops that cater to Audi, Jag,......and Ford F150.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
472 Posts
There were carbon fiber shells being made for a while, not sure if they still are.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just follow this guy around, he'll discard another one hopefully less banged up than yours
JK, but that does suck, sorry to hear. I hate dicking around with the top and the rattles so I leave off all summer and drive only when there's no rain and leave it on all winter during storage. god I just want a hardtop car...

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've done this. Kinda. My cousin ran a tow truck and had to tow my old Mk3 home. Showed up with no targa top and a soaked interior. 😓

1 - 6 of 6 Posts