Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here's the problem.. i have the bleeder t mod as of right now and i've had it b4.. i usually max boost at 18psi with the bleeder t mod in effect.. but the problem is that my gauge is reading max pressure at 10psi only right now... the car still pulls the same... as it did b4 with the 18psi.. i thought it migth have been a leak in the vacume line so i replaced it.. but the same problem is there staring me in the face at max boost pressure and thats 10psi at full boost... so the question is.. is the gauge out of wack?? or is there another problem with it that i havn't thought of yet... oh and b4 you ask y autometer of all fucken gauges.. let me answer that.. i have 5 gauges in my car and to spend $150 or so on each gauge is a little too much for me and plus if it's good enough for the pros that use them on the drag strip and on any other race track.. it's good enough for me..

Brian

Z

·
0 Posts
autometer uses this tiny plastic hose as to get vacuum reading from engine. it gets lose very easily. Sherman had it, its shit. I dont know if this is the kind of money you should save...
also, thru a independent test of all gauges, autometer has the worst % in false reading. I think it was like 10% off where as most japanese gagues are within 3%.
bleeder T is dangerous also, you never know when you gonna get a spike, specially in sequential mode, if you spike before 4000rpm and it will kick your 32 turbo hard...not good.
save up some money and get a boost controler and better guage!

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had replaced that crap plastic hose with a rubber hose... and luckily for me i havn't spiked yet... i would spend the money on getting nicer things but i'm still just a student living paycheck to paycheck for now.. so i don't have the money to spend on nicer things.. but hey maybe in the future right...

Brian

Z

·
0 Posts
sounds like my life you talking about.
anyway, yeh, even if you get a used Greddy boost gauge is better than autometer IMO.

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm but then the whole entire motif is gone then.. and i'm going to have to hunt down every last gauge to match and replace.. so i'll just be lazy and stick with what i got for now.. but hey i'm with you on the whole getting differenet gauges cuz autometer gauges do suck dick.. but they're still not cheap ass vdo atleast

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx much the same... i really apreciate that your looking out for me man;) but i can still get a autometer boost gauge for like $40 to replace the piece oh shit one i have right now.. if mine is broken that is.. but seriouse.. thanx though.. thats good lookin out...

Brian

Z

·
0 Posts
no problem! just lookin out for all my supra buddies!
but if I were you, I wouldnt buy another autometer to replace the broken one, its broken once, it'll break again. spend that extra $30-40 and get a used boost gauge isnt a bad idea IMO.
did you know you can get mechanical boost gauge from HKS/greddy for like $90? peak hold is nice, but mechanical will do thee job. I ahve mechanical also.

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll look in to it some more and maybe i will jsut start replacing all my guages one at a time... i'd prob opt for anything 52mm with white face.. that lights up with green #'s and orange needle to match my gauge cluster.. and the other thing about autometer gauges is it that thier gauges are inacurate or thier sensors??

Brian

Z

·
0 Posts
I dont know much about autometer, but any performance parts that can be purchased at Kragen isnt worthy to be fitted for supra.:D

·
Highway Demon
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm i hope i can still use the same sensors that i have all connected right now.. it'd be a bitch to replace them.. mainly the egt and oil pres. and of course the volts j/k but yeah.. i hope i don't need to replace those sensors though.. and i'd prob get rid that pos volts gauge.. that was left over from b4 i had the supra so stop making fun of me.. thats when i really owned a ricey car.. but i gotta admit i still love my old car and wish i had that still too..

Z

·
0 Posts
haha, we all been thru our "rice" period...not sure about sensors, but maybe you can reconnect the wires to difernt gauge, but you have to find out which wire reads what...not easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts