Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has gone with an aluminum or carbon one piece? Out of the three shafts I have not one is the right length!!! One came with my jza70 clip and is too long. One is from an n/a 5-speed and the other is from an n/a auto. For some reason I was thinking the auto shaft would work with the 154 trans. Anyway...

I guess I will be going one piece at this point and was just wondering if the aluminum is worth the dollars over a steel shaft. I figured I'd be still be loosing a substantial amount of weight.

Does anyone else other then MAXX make a ready to go shaft for the third gen $upra? How about carbon fiber???

I've read a few previous threads about fox-bodied mustangs and aerostar shafts cut down. How feasable is this really? We have a TIG at work and a really talented Ducati tech who can weld like no other. Then to just get it balanced.

Sorry for the babeling...

Opinions, Suggestions, and Comments are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
361 Posts
yeah i wouldnt mind knowing also.

I have the 2JZ and R154 going in soon and i wouldnt mind going single as there will be 1 hanger bearing and 2 universals less to worry about, lol....

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Suprasport has them
I have a stocker if you are in a jam

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carbon fiber is good in the case the driveshaft explodes (which I have seen happen a few times on some cars while dragging) as it will shatter, but will not damage the car itself i believe.

melloboy

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yea, the carbon fiber cant suport pole vaulting a car (i.e. driveshaft breaks, rear part drops down, car lifts up)

·