Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile ago i knew my valve seals were leaking...i did a leak down test and compression test to see if it was rings and it came out pretty good..not sure of exact numbers but was about 150-160 all around..so while i pulled the head and did the valve seals, i changed over to a cometic HG, and changed to anoter stock turbo since my blades were chipped and probably unblanced...i bought it used on the forums for about $75...everything looked good so i slapped it on for now...well i got the car back about 2 months ago and i check my oil every week or two. i noticed its been consuming oil again....about maybe a quart every 700-900 miles? well i changed the valve seals so it should be that, rings were good when i checked during leak down, so my guess is the turbo seals? i felt under the accordian pipe near the turbo there was oily residue, but havent checked the IC piping.. will do so when i do spark plugs and everytihng this weekend...it sucks becuase i jsut started to boost 12 psi :) and i thought the turbo was good..i'm just hoping its not any rings but since i cehcked it last time it should be...anyone know where i can get the CT rebuilt to stock so i know the seals are good?

sorry for long post...it just sucks because i thought my car was gonna run perfectly...haha guess supras always has problems

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
to tell you the truth bro....since buyin gmy supra..i never had the dam thing on the road for one full day..everytime something goes wrong..i swear..i kick this car everytime i see it...i have a 96 stock accord..i love that car more then this shit..everyday is a different story with the supra...i put to much money behind this shit..and time..imagine when its on the road ..for one full day what else do i have to find out...i should of stick to my mustang..that was just a turn key start..power..i got ot drive a dam 96 accord..while watching these guys having fun with there sports cars..while i got to spend my whole weekends working on this car..sad..

·
Breakin' Stuff
91 Posts
Do you see oil puddles when you park? Or is your engine block coated with sludge? It could be related to leaking engine gaskets.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
no oil puddles, and i can't see any sludge...

this is supratkfy...im on a friends comp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts