Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in a bad mood, so I'll condence.

Last night (Friday) I had the supra out all night, put in new synthetic, gas, fuel injector cleaner, made sure tires were good to go, and was out for the first time this spring in the supie. Ran great all night..

THis morning, on a quick trip to wal-mart, freaking thing overheats, so I pull over to look. Steam everywhere. Found the problem to be a cracked hose, tore off all the intercooler/acordian plumbing on the street and proceeded to replace the broken coolant hose (the little buy that comes off the turbo) and continued about my drive.

I thought this fixed the overheating issue, but that isn't it. It continued to drive at the redline for overheating all the way back to my house. I tried to keep the heat on max the whole time, but sometimes that air wasn't hot whatsoever. The car ran perfect, besides the overheating and the somewhat squishy noises coming out of engine bay. I don't think this (I hope to god not) to be a BHG. No excessive smoking out the rear, and the car does have a HKS MHG. I looked at the fluid in the radiator, and it looks like brown shit. I will be replacing that. I'm hoping that is the simple solution. Ugh, I don't need this over my head right now, so any suggestions?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
that sucks, hopefully its an easy fix, id check your cooling system, get it flushed, and make sure all the hoses are good, and there not going to crack and leak.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
If your not gettn heat in the car then your heater vsv might be bad.

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nocheez said:
or the thermostat.
I was thinking thermostat as well, since heat worked sometimes, but not always, and the temp gauge was moving somewhat strange.

I'm going to flush the coolant system, then replace the thermostat I think.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
alot of times a good overheat can send a headgasket on its way out, but I would do a compression check, bhg test. After that busted hose there might be just some air pockets in the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts