Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had exsperiences with them? Im thinkign abotu havign a TT supra shipped with them from ATL-CO and would like your opinions and if any of u had first hand occurances with them.

thanks, Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't do it. I sent my skyline through them. They wrecked it in the rear quarter panel, stole all of the badging off of the car, and the car had a spun bearing from just getting the motor re-built. Then they denied my insurance claim because they said the cars parts were "too hard to get ahold of". As a result I have been in litigation with them for two years to cover 4200 dollars in damages. Even after the courts ordered them to pay up they still have yet to pay.

·
11,219 Posts
I've heard good news and bad news from them. This member "jeremyhelling" has it in this sig "Do not ship with DAS" so you might pm him and ask him why. Others have shipped it no problems at all (to their knowledge).

There was a thread in the NE section last summer. A local member went to their station to pick up his car (not sure if it's a Supra or not). Anyways he saw them unload the cars at the place. They were revving the engine hard and doing burnouts on the Supra's and basically joy riding them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've shipped 4-5 cars through DAS with no problems, but you never know

also DAS uses different drop off points across the US, its not like they have official "DAS" stores they have towing companies, etc that they use. So it could have been that company he saw reving the shit out of the car

·
Registered
31 Posts
Exotic Car Transport has done a really good job for me.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Didnt Dave Capone just ship is QS n/a hardtop through DAS? only problem he had was he asked for enclosed trailer and it wasnt, but his car was fine??

Matt

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Mystic shipped his GS400 with DAS and I hear they did some small damage.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I shipped my supra using DAS from houston TX to Harrisburg Pa. It took a month to get it. I was pissed! I paid for topload but forget it. It came back with oil marks on the hood (which came right out but still...) and one scrath on the rear fender that mostly buffed out. If I ever have to ship again I'll pay alittle more!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ya I used DAS...it got here a few days before it was supposed to.. They damaged the front bumper, and quarter panel but it looks like they are on the ball and taking care of it.

The only other thing is the car started fine when it left SPE and when it got here there were problems. The starter was fried and the 120amp fuse was melted but...when I had a new starter put in the guy installing the starter said the wireing was all fucked up and it was wired wrong so I dont think DAS is responsable for the starter.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
dieman said:
Exotic Car Transport has done a really good job for me.
I know of about 8-10 Supras that have been shipped with Exotic Car Transport with no problems. They also delivered a Porsche for a friend and I recieved the car from them, they where very careful unloading the car and spent about 25-30 minutes carefully removing it from the rig. I would use them for any car shipping hands down. The extra couple hundred bucks they will charge you might save you a ton of headaches down the road.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Extra couple hundred bucks? try 1k+ extra

onelove said:
I know of about 8-10 Supras that have been shipped with Exotic Car Transport with no problems. They also delivered a Porsche for a friend and I recieved the car from them, they where very careful unloading the car and spent about 25-30 minutes carefully removing it from the rig. I would use them for any car shipping hands down. The extra couple hundred bucks they will charge you might save you a ton of headaches down the road.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I used DAS twice to ship both my '97 and '98 without any problems, delivered on time, and excellent service. Flyr, are you going to skimp out on the few amenities DAS has to offer? It cost about $900 dollars to ship a car in an open trailor, indefinite assurance that your car will either be on the bottom or top deck, and teriminal to terminal with DAS. For $500 more you will be getting the same treatment from DAS that exotic shippers offer as a base package.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts