Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search, but didnt find anything related to my problem.
To start this thread, want to let you know that it was freezing here in indy last night and i got a carwash on my way home.
This afternoon it was still freezing. So as i take off from the house i noticed the brake light wouldnt come off until i hit the 3rd.
It finaly came off, then came back on as soon as i shifted to 1st 2nd and third from the stop.
Basicly it did that all day in 1st through the 3rd then would go off
Can somebody explain?
I checked all my tail lights and brake light they all work fine during braking even the led.
Thanks

·
American Muscle?
338 Posts
maybe some wiring loose?
i'd try jigglin the e-brake handle maybe the switch under the center console stuff is loose or maybe just wiring somewhere??

is it the "BRAKE" light or do the MKIII's have the little light like other toyotas that says when a bulb is out

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my mkiv....Check the brake fluid, I was a little bit low on brake fluid, I guess when it is cold being a little bit low on brake fluid makes the light go on and off like that.

·
American Muscle?
338 Posts
haha, dont know why i didnt think of that also..
when you're brake fluid is low the brake light will come on, this is true, check that first hehe

when your pads wear the fluid goes down so the light comes on to tell you when you need pads, sure you probably know that~~

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
mine is also on, i put some break fluid cause it was low, still on.....what could it be?

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas ill check that tomorrow when i wake up

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
well i dont have any burn out bulbs. its the red "brake" light thats always on, not the other one. i want it off....hepl me out

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yea i forgot to tell you guys the car was garaged, i hit the reverse and as the wheels started to turn i heard this clunk, didnt know what that was about (may be the pads were frozen on the rotors) just like my door locks were. It scared the shit out of me.
I was paranoid all day bc of that, hoping the brakes dont go out on me.
As for the e-brake i did try to wiggle on it and stuff, but that didnt help.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE The brake fluid was low, I toped it off and the light disapeared. So my problem was solved.
Thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts