Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to do an oil change at a local service. I picked it up and didn't realize until later there were these cut looking marks on my dash, and it really looks like someone keyed it. I know for a fact this wasn't here yesterday, and it only had to have happened today.

Another issue is when I came to pick up my car was that my driver's window was left opened, keys were still in, and the car wasn't even shut off all the way with the electric still running. I am going to ask them for surveillance footage if possible, but I would like to ask anyone here if they know of any great dash cams that can be very good at being hidden and can record inside and outside of the car. Plus, is there any tips that someone can offer if I can remedy this issue?

Thanks... 13112993_10209507262219313_4242515272082568877_o.jpg 13112993_10209507262219313_4242515272082568877_o.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
I took my car to do an oil change at a local service. I picked it up and didn't realize until later there were these cut looking marks on my dash, and it really looks like someone keyed it. I know for a fact this wasn't here yesterday, and it only had to have happened today.

Thanks... View attachment 173609 View attachment 173609
To fix it properly you will need a new dash. This is what happens when you take a supra (or any nice car) to a jiffy lube. It was the universe's way of telling you to change your own oil...

·
Registered
423 Posts
To fix it properly you will need a new dash. This is what happens when you take a supra (or any nice car) to a jiffy lube.
Touche. Or, if need be, be IN THERE, like a hawk, with them at all times.

It was the universe's way of telling you to change your own oil...
Nothing wrong with paying someone to change your oil, especially if its much more convenient. You just wanna make sure its high end professional place that'll do a good job and take care of your car accordingly.

Having said that, regarding the dash cam question, I dunno about a small hidden one. But I can tell ya that probably the best 2-channel dash cam (allows you to record outside and inside, if you so position the 2nd camera) is the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH: http://www.amazon.com/Blackvue-DR650GW-2CH-Built-Wi-Fi-Recorder/dp/B00MC56AXM. There's even an adapter you can use that allows you to setup the 2nd channel/camera as a backup camera, which will work with an OEM/aftermarket headunit: http://thedashcamstore.com/live-vid...r-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch-2ch-truck-rear-camera/.

Oh and the PowerMagic Pro that it's often bundled with will cut power if voltage gets low (as to not drain your battery), and has a motion detection parking mode, so it's not constantly recording; just when necessary (good security feature). And if you have Wifi (in the car or where its parked), you can remotely access the camera, download the video, etc.

And if you're hardcore, you can use 2 channels in the front (one looking out the windshield, and one looking into the interior), and a third as a rear facing/backup cam: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/exclusivesignaturebundle-3channel-blackvue-dr650-dr3500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts