Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes my emergency brake light stays on. I know the brake is off, I’m guessing it’s something with the sensor. Where is this located? Is it easy to get to and possibly replace/fix?

Thanks
~Blake

·
Registered
64 Posts
BlakeEM said:
Sometimes my emergency break light stays on. I know the break is off, I’m guessing it’s something with the sensor. Where is this located? Is it easy to get to and possibly replace/fix?

Thanks
~Blake
...it's brake and check your brake fluid. :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FrankT said:
...it's brake and check your brake fluid. :rolleyes:
yeah yeah I can't spell. typed it up to fast...

thanks i'll get that checked then, I was just thinking it was the sensor. After the car bumps around and drives a bit it goes off. Kinda weird.

·
Registered
132 Posts
BlakeEM said:
Sometimes my emergency brake light stays on. I know the brake is off, I’m guessing it’s something with the sensor. Where is this located? Is it easy to get to and possibly replace/fix?

Thanks
~Blake
either you have too little oil for your brakes or your sensor in the container has a contact problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts

The sensor for the oilbreakfluid is in the cap of the fluid container
In the picture on the right behind,

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Knight Rider said:
either you have too little oil for your brakes or your sensor in the container has a contact problem.
I didn't know the hand brake used brake fluid, at least for the sensor to see if it's pulled or not. Does it use the normal brakes as the parking brakes? I wasn't sure if it has seprate or not.

I don't know, I'm a newb :sadwavey:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
The "BRAKE" symbol on the dash has 2 uses. First is to tell you if the e-brake is on, which is a cable-driven drum brake setup. The second is to let you know if the main brake system (NOT e-brake), has low brake fluid. Check the fluid level in your brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
132 Posts
BlakeEM said:
I didn't know the hand brake used brake fluid, at least for the sensor to see if it's pulled or not. Does it use the normal brakes as the parking brakes? I wasn't sure if it has seprate or not.

I don't know, I'm a newb :sadwavey:
The hand break itself dont need oil.
But the switch in the handbreak and the break oil level sensor for your other brakes use the same light in the dash.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah just needed a little bit of brake fluid... it was at the min level. machniac just gave me a little... If anything going there saved me buying brake fluid because he did it free hah

I guess I'll need to get my brake pads checked now to see where the fluid went?

~Blake

·
Registered
87 Posts
My car always leaked between the tank that holds the fluid and the master cylinder itself. It just wobbled all around and sh!t like that. I didnt have to check my pads or anything like that. I put a master cylinder on it and the problem was solved.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
u should be able to see if there is any fluid leakking thru the master cylinder..

·
Registered
132 Posts
BlakeEM said:
Yeah just needed a little bit of brake fluid... it was at the min level. machniac just gave me a little... If anything going there saved me buying brake fluid because he did it free hah

I guess I'll need to get my brake pads checked now to see where the fluid went?

~Blake
often only small things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts