Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good idea how to remove the dash kit from a dash? Its a c/f one, and I havent gotten to really look at it yet, but can you just pull it off, or is this trouble? Is there a better way?

FYI, Im buying a Supra that has a c/f dash (sticker) kit put on it...and already dont like it, even though I havent seen it in person...not my style for an interior.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
Even if you pull it off the sticky resdue is going to be a bitch to get off, and once you get it off its probably going to look like crap. You might be able to trade with someone or get used peiced off the for sale section.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Try this:

1) remove pannels

2) warm it up really good with a blowdryer/heatgun

3) peel overlay off

4) use SMALL amounts of goof-off to get the stick shit off. This stuff will clean anything off of anything. It smells like paint thinner so use as little as possible.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Like he said take of panels, I used a heavy duty degreaser, it worked better for me than goof-off with steel wool. Worked like a charm. Good luck mine had wood grain.....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well a day in the warm Texas sun, parked outside will probaby do the trick...since the panels are already peeling off on thier own. Either the person that installed them didnt clean the dash before hand, or its really old. I dont mind either way cause that crap is comming off! Im just deciding on a color paint to repaint them now...as close to stock as possible, maybe a slight variation in color for uniqueness...but nothing 'pimp'. No gloss.

·
1,057 Posts
if you are looking to repaint , just make sure to clean the area real well and make sure any of the adhesive is gone from the dash kit.

·
Banned
888 Posts
well if you guys take them off and there still are gunk on them be sure to goo gone it carefully and sand them down good and clean it ver very well, or else it will look HORRIBLE!! trust me i have them in my car the old owner didn't know to clean b4 painting. If you guys paint it look into krylon fusion i hear it is the best for painting plastic. Lmk how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive heard from a few people that said they have experienced problems with the Krylon Fusion brand. Someone just posted not too long ago that it looked great, but since summer hit, the paint became tacky agian and now he has all kinds of lint all over it and all. Anyone else experience this? Maybe he did something wrong, like resanding...or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts