Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 89 turbo...all the way on the left side of the dash there is dash light that looks almost like a radiator. it was comming on and going off everyonce and a while but now it stays on at all times. I changed my coolant but its still on. anybody have an idea of why this is on.

thanks

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
The ole bird cage light eh? Well did you check to see if there was plenty in the resevoir also?

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ Yes, that is probably what he meant.

The ole bird cage light eh? Well did you check to see if there was plenty in the resevoir also?
:rofl: ahh.... ole bird cage. any smoking issues?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
the reservoir as in the over flow tank??
Yes sir. I make sure mine stays a bit higher than the "max" level. I don't think there is anything wrong with having more in there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope no smoking issues at all...just the light being really annoying..haha

thank you

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
if it's overfilled it will just spit out what it doesn't need, not like it's gonna hurt anything (well, maybe if you're at the dragstrip...)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
And make sure to grab some of the Toyota coolant if you can.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok filled the reservoir to the max line and went out....thank you for all ur help guys

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine does the same but I have a small hole in my radiator at the top. It bubbles everyonce in a while. And my overflow stays empty no matter how many times I fill it or how much I put in it. In just a few days it's empty again. And sometimes white smoke emits from the exhaust pipe. Any suggestions other than the obvious get a new radiator? Thanks Bill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts