Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have detailed instructions or know where i can get them that tell how to take the dash off. I am going to replace the stock tweeters and decided i wanted to put them there. I know it is going to be a pain in the ass to take off the dash but it is what i decided would be best for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

·
road hazard
452 Posts
LateralusFU said:
i think Adam means the entire dash. it looks difficult but do-able. i don't have any instructions on it but i remember a member with a black mkiv showed pics of aftermarket tweeters in the stock location. i'm sure the toyota repair manuals would come in handy because it seems like a fairly difficult project.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do mean the entire dash, I know it will be and extensive project so i have set aside 4 full days to complete it. Does any one know where i can get a toyota manual to complete the job or any other online links.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You should order the manuals from Jay Marks toyota. Everyone I heard of that replaced the stock tweeters said they would probably not do it again. I think you can get the drivers done by pulling the instrument cluster. Otherside is almost impossible.

S

·
0 Posts
depending on the size of the tweeters you are installing you dont have to pull the dash(if you dont care about putting the car back original).on my 94 i just pryed up on the stock tweet which will break the top plastic piece away from the magnet. i trimmed the hole in the stock plastic piece and wrapped it with black grille cloth and stuck it back in the hole in the dash.i used diamond audio 1" metal domes with no problem. i put this off about a year of owning the car because of the dash removal. but one of the factory ones stopped working so i said what the hell and pulled up on it and it seperated with ease. the sound quality is well worth it and you dont have to cut your doors only to have them point at your feet. good luck

·
Registered
639 Posts
My Xtant component set (tweet/mid) came with some pods to inset the tweets flush into dash from the top WITHOUT removing the entire dash... So that's how mine are done and look and sound GREAT!!! It definitely makes a difference keeping them in the factory locations. I just had stock grilles removed from the TOP and trimmed out factory unit and inset the Xtant tweets (in their mounting cups) into openings. Tweet cups almost look as if they were 'made' for the Supra opening... A very tedious and costly (if you don't DIY) job to remove whole dash and much easier the way I explained... Same effect as well just no stock grilles... Also have the Xtant 6.5" in doors and they look great as well...

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
supra_place and roadie8105, do you have any pics of how it looks now?

S

·
0 Posts
ill try to get some pics of the way it looks but being a black dash and black grille cloth and the fact my winshield is tinted 32%:eek: it may not show up very well but ill give it a shot.

S

·
0 Posts
sorry hurry4it it wont turn out on my digital camera. even tried it with the top out to get more light and it looks just like a black dash with no features. sorry

J

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know if I can just rip out the stock tweeters and put in the tweeters from KICKER's RS6 components?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Tweets INSET from Top of Dash Without REMOVAL!!!

Hey hurry4it and others... Here is a pic off of www.supra500.ch that best shows how my tweets are inset into dash from the top... This is done WITHOUT dash removal AND they sound great!! I have Xtant tweets that come with mounting cups and all!!! Again, this is not my exact car, BUT is EXACTLY how my tweets are installed since I do not possess digital photo of my own car!!! check it out!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
HEY GUYS...i have a 90 mk3 turbo , and i am installing a MS2 stand alone but i cant pull the dash completely out...missing a bolt somewhere. I went to advance and bouhgt the haynes manual but still no good.....does anyone know where there a diagram for this????

Thnaks in advance!!!

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Does anyone know if I can just rip out the stock tweeters and put in the tweeters from KICKER's RS6 components?
That'll be hard as they are screwed in from the bottom. Ill take a pic to show ya ..

Its not difficult to take the entire dash out of the car but more time consuming .. just go slow and only tug it a bit when you think you have all the bolts/screws out just incase there is one more hiding in there ..

·
Build in Progress
336 Posts
The dash removal is in the Body mechanial section of the Manual. Pm me your email and I can send you the PDF. for it. The 95 anyway. I think I got the entire Rar file somewhere on here. You could do a search.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I took my dash off and used MB Quart tweeter from the PCE 216 component set. I would remove the dash again. Shouldn't take more than 4-6 hours. I used the cups that come with the MB quarts and attached them to the factory bracket and then made a moon shaped cut out from 1/4" MDF and spray painted them with a textrued black paint. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 24 Posts