Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Infinity components that I installed today. I put the 6.5" in the doors and they soud nice. I want to put the 1" up front in the dash location. When I removed the oem tweeters, I was dissapointed that the oval shape was the speaker housing and not a bracket that I could mount my tweeters in. How do you guys fill in that oval so it looks nice? Is there anywhere I can get a mount so that my new 1" tweeters fit?

·
Banned
400 Posts
im thinking about putting a set of focal components in mine, ill show pics after i do it

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with everything. Have fun with the dash. I thought it was a pain in the butt to deal with myself. I'd definately like to seee some pics when you're done. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
ha ha have fun you have to remove the whole dash completley i removeed the air bag and i still couldnt get it

·
Registered
190 Posts
There was a good post about installing tweeters in the stock location a while ago. I think he basically pulled the stock tweeter out from the top, dropped the new tweeter in, and siliconed the oval cover back in place so it looked like stock.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Exactly. Thats what I did. Don't need to pull apart the whole dash. Just take your time and have patience.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about not searching...I literally had only about thirty seconds to play around on the net the other day. I did read the sticky though.

Unfortunately the platic rim around the tweeters cracked upon removal (the ring that sits flush with the dash and the screen is mounted in). I was hoping there was a replacement that would fill in the oval. I might have to buy new factory tweeters just to rip them apart. :(

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ryan_F said:
Sorry about not searching...I literally had only about thirty seconds to play around on the net the other day. I did read the sticky though.

Unfortunately the platic rim around the tweeters cracked upon removal (the ring that sits flush with the dash and the screen is mounted in). I was hoping there was a replacement that would fill in the oval. I might have to buy new factory tweeters just to rip them apart. :(
Why it may not look 100% stock you certainly could get 1/2 MDF trace the factory tweeter. You then cut a hole in the oval bracket you made for the tweeter and stretch some nice black tweed over it ( like the stock front speaker grilles have on em ).

- Randy

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a bad idea. That may be the ways to go. Right now what I did was press some Sculpey clay into the area. After removal I baked the clay and sanded it down a little. I going to use that for a mold for some carbon fiber I have laying around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts