Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin into gettin a early 70's datsun and i couldnt find any good forums for them,,,lookin for prob the 70-78's,,,

thanks guys

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coo,,,thanks fellas,,,also, any of you that have or have had one,,,how reliable are they???

it would be pretty coo to drop a 1j in there or ls1 if i had the money

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
TaBooLeH21 said:
coo,,,thanks fellas,,,also, any of you that have or have had one,,,how reliable are they???

it would be pretty coo to drop a 1j in there or ls1 if i had the money

i have a '79 280zx that's been through all kinds of hell. the L28 is a stout engine, the only major downfall is the factory low compression which kills the potential HP. I've always wanted to crack one open and throw 10:1 pistons in there.

The 280zx I have was previously owned by my best friend, who beat on the car to no end. When she first got it, the clutch had started slipping. 2 years later, the clutch is completely toasted but still moves, albeit slowly. The car has sat for long periods of time without starting, and everytime we've turned the key with a fresh battery, the engine fires right up.

I'm moving to another state in a little over a week and I don't think I can take the car with me, I'm either going to try to sell for $200 or she's getting junked. I'll be sad and I'll always keep an eye out for another Z or ZX. Great cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts