Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i have heard that the mkiii turbo ((ct26 maybe?)) would make a good turbo for ~300 hp turbo kit for our na's. if this is the case i could do this and keep my tranny as is right? ( i dont usually get on it unless challenged) i could get a used one for like 150 bucks cant i?
thanks
Bob

R

·
0 Posts
Dave told me with the regular stuff and a couple extra injectors, I could get to 350-380rwhp with a ct26.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yup, with a upgraded CT26 (60-trim compressor wheel and clipped exhaust) you should be in the 375rwhp range. A used stock CT26 will get you around 300rwhp and go for around $200. The nice thing about the CT's is that they have a internal wastegate, so you save a good chunk of $$ not buying a external wastegate. The bad thing about CT's is you prob won't make it to 400rwhp.

The stock auto tranny should take 300rwhp for a long time.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAVEH...
what did you mean by clipped exhaust? also...would the fuel lines need to be changed for the low 300's level of hp?
its still gonne be far from just bolt right in isnt it?
thanks
Bob

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
They trim off (clip) some of the turbine wheel in the turbo... this allows more air to flow through, reducing backpressure, and allowing more hp. It does create a little more lag too, but not bad. The fuel lines will be fine, but the pump and injectors should be changed, and a VPC added to control the injectors. Yeah, still not a easy bolt-on deal.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there any way other than dynoing to make sure my hp wouldnt exceed 300 rwhp? i dont know of any dyno's around here. ok so fuel pump and injectors only..that'll save me a bit for now right? and then if i go more hp i can do an add on to my first steps..and make it a 2 stage deal right? also...whats a VPC...i havnt figured that one out yet.?
thanks
bob

Y

·
0 Posts
Vein Pressure Controller: controls fuel-air mixture by using a speed-density-temperature measurement. Replaces the stock AFM or AMS. The VPC can itself be further controlled, or used "stand-alone" to piggyback the factory ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts