Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
im ready to sit down and really figure out everything for a ct26 turbo kit for my na. i want to keep w/in the hp limits of my tranny for now. so i made a list of things i'd need based on the parts list someone else put up earlier. i was just wondering if you could help me with a few questions i've got and if im missing any parts.
so here we go...

-Turbo Exhaust Manifold (Sound Performance, Toyomoto, F-Max)
turbo ct26
-downpipe(do i need one or is this just for the extra hp?)
-Front Mount Intercooler((or smic from TT?if i were to buy this would it come with piping that would work.))
-Custom Intercooler piping
-Blow Off Valve (HKS SSQV)
-Fuel Pump (Supra TT, Walbro)
-(6) 550cc High Impedence Fuel Injectors (RC Engineering)
-3mm Copper Headgasket (PowerHouse Racing)
-Supply and return oil lines for turbo ((what exactly do i hafta do with this stuff))
-HKS VPC for MKIII w/ 550cc injector chip (Part #:4601-T04US, ROM:SUP009B)((what exactly is a vpc?))
-EGT Gauge ((whats this))
-Boost Gauge
-Boost Controller
-Fuel Controller ((is this an afc?))
-Turbo Timer ((what exactly does this do and i hear ur not sposed to run ac while turbotiming . is that true))-Turbo Timer ((what exactly does this do and i hear ur not sposed to run ac while turbotiming . is that true?))
thanks for putting up w/my ignorance toward turbo language, i appreciate it. let me know if i missed anything.
Bob

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
1) you need the downpipe, since there isn't a stock one you can use.
2) staying around 300hp you might as well go with the TT sidemount. It works well and is cheap.
3) get a steel headgasket, toyomot, powerhouse or Fmax sell them
4) egt gauge tell you roughly how your fuel mixture is. too hot means too lean, too cole means too rich.
5) the AFC is a excellent fuel controller, I have one and like it a lot
6) the turbo timer just keeps the car running for a set period of time after you remove the key. It lets the turbo cool down. You don't need one, you just need to sit there for a minute or two before shutting off the car.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about legality?

i know downpipes are illegal cuz they bypass the cat right? what does the stock TT use? is it a downpipe or just better piping?

i went to that website to give a basic idea on what has to be done to complete this transformation. all i hafta say is [email protected] theres no way i can do that by myself. would i be able to just taKE it to a mechanic and be like here, work away, or is there soemone specifically that would need to do this?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
You can have a cat put on the downpipe and it can be emissions legal. The stock tt DP won't work either, as it is setup for the stock twin turbos.

I would definitely look for a mechanic who has installed a turbo kit before, or at least a mechanic who has done custom work on imports before.

If you live close to me drive it over and i'll help :D

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hell, i dont live close to you, i live in philly, but i'd drive it over anyway. its worth it to have someone who knows exactly whats going on. R O A D T R I P !!! :D

the soonest i could piece this together is the summer though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts