Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Its Almost Easy
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched and could not find the answer to this... trying to find out what the max hp on the old school DaveH log exhaust manifold would be. I had this kit sitting FOREVER and have been collecting parts over the years and I’m finally getting around to installing everything.

TBH, the manifold doesn’t seem like it would flow all that well. The turbo is an equally old, yet newly rebuilt, journal bearing Precision 61 so I figured I’d probably max out the turbo before the manifold anyways. Was hoping to squeeze out 600hp-650hp from both the turbo and manifold.

Think it’s possible given the right supporting mods?

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,052 Posts
since you have it I would just use it. I haven’t seen the DaveH manifold in awhile..... but with enough fuel and enough turbo, which you have, you should be able to reach your goals.

With enough injector and pump, on e85 it should be reachable. on 91-93 octane that power goal on the 61mm might be a little more difficult.

·
Its Almost Easy
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since you have it I would just use it. I haven’t seen the DaveH manifold in awhile..... but with enough fuel and enough turbo, which you have, you should be able to reach your goals.

With enough injector and pump, on e85 it should be reachable. on 91-93 octane that power goal on the 61mm might be a little more difficult.
Dang... was really hoping the response would include a danger to manifold joke 🤓
Jk. For real though, thank you Mark. That's reassuring, and yes it would be with e85.

As for the supporting fuel mods, this may be better for a separate thread but the current setup includes:
  • FSR dual-pump hanger (uses 2 Walbro 450 high-pressure pumps) on what looks to be a modified the stock hanger (not yet installed)
  • 6an line
  • fuel filter
  • stock fuel rail
  • Aeromotive FPR (for 6an lines)
  • 500cc "Purple Top" Injectors
  • AEM Infinity
I'd ideally like to keep as many of the parts above as I can, knowing I'll still need to upgrade the injectors to probably something close to 1300cc. And aside from the injectors, I imagine the fuel bottleneck would be the 6an lines.

Also, to always be running both pumps on the dual pump hanger seems a bit primitive, especially with the Infinity, but maybe it's no big deal? I've heard this is a no-no but if I could get 10k miles with these pumps before upgrading them again I'd probably do it and be happy.

The alternative one-and-done option would be to go with new Radium fuel components. Real St is doing a great job at talking me into this option with 8an lines. TBH though, it would be great to save ~$1200 by using a lot of my current parts.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,052 Posts
Only immediate bottleneck I see is the 500cc injectors. 1300’s on that setup should comfortably get you to your goals off 600rwhp.

I would stage the pumps since you have the capability with the infinity.

If it makes you feel any better I’m on a single walbro 450 also with the stock rail/lines but with also Aeromotive FPR + id1000’s and “should” just touch about 600 wheel on e85 with a 71mm/272 cams/fsmoto ffim. once I reach a bottleneck with the fuel system I’ll upgrade accordingly.

what’s your ignition setup ?

·
Its Almost Easy
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only immediate bottleneck I see is the 500cc injectors. 1300’s on that setup should comfortably get you to your goals off 600rwhp.

I would stage the pumps since you have the capability with the infinity.

If it makes you feel any better I’m on a single walbro 450 also with the stock rail/lines but with also Aeromotive FPR + id1000’s and “should” just touch about 600 wheel on e85 with a 71mm/272 cams/fsmoto ffim. once I reach a bottleneck with the fuel system I’ll upgrade accordingly.

what’s your ignition setup ?
I'm unsure if the configuration of the dual pumps would allow for staging them since it looks exactly like the OEM hanger. Not sure if you can tell based on the pics. I do plan on the dual pump tm, so I'll probably have a slightly better idea then.

For ignition, I have the bare basics already, like a new distributor rotor, cap, wires, and spark plugs. I was hoping I could get away with and HKS DLI and MSD Blaster Coil with the right wiring for an NA-T with my ECU. At least this is what posts from 2008 are recommending lol. No idea what type of advancements the community has made since then, but I'd imagine I need both.

You still have this by chance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts