Supra Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Huh. Spoke to a guy at LongoLexus parts 855-902-0027 ... This is totally weird. Lexus won't release the pedal assembly part number without a VIN from an SC430 or appropriate car. The assembly is restricted - they want to make sure it's going in to replace an existing one. They "don't want people like you putting them in other cars" .....

WTF ?

Hrm, Whifbitz has it ... Toyota Supra Drive By Wire Pedal $300, plus about $50 shipping.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Confirmed. Talked to another dealer. The part is "Manually controlled" which means that it has to be for a car (vin provided) that is IN the Lexus repair shop, with an actual repair order, and diagnostics to show it has to be replaced.

Damn.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Heh, OK. Found a SC430 on Copart, flood damage. Got the VIN. Placed order after talking with them. Hopefully it goes through.

·
Inline for the win
4,717 Posts
Glad I have a spare unit from our favorite auction site. Nice to know this when it comes to needing another for a customer car.

DP

·
Registered
508 Posts
Lordy... That's a lot of effort.

Thanks @Halfwalker and others for all the info.

When you do get all the parts, let us know so I can follow in your footsteps. Thank you, sir.

Rishi

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Muahahaha. Lexus released the part. Poor parts guy had to email them, but he just called to say they had released it. So they should have it in a few days, then on to me. I'll believe when I have it my hot little hands.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Aaaand there it is :)

So the list I posted earlier should do the trick. Bosch 74mm throttle body 0280750474, Bosch connector C-06FR1-3-7-9BK, Lexus SC430 pedal 78010-30030 (this), Idle Air Control Valve connector 90980-11144, Whifbitz pre-vvti DBS adapter for 74mm (gorgeous work).

The tricky bit nowadays is getting the pedal assembly, at least in the US. Whifbitz has the pedals in stock, but more expensive and shipping. I found a couple of European locations for it too, and there's jp-carparts and probably jdmofmiami.

Probably easier just to get it all from Whifbitz, but I saved quite a bit by piecing it together myself.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Last bit of information needed - the pin assignments for the connector to the SC430 pedal. 2x +5V, 2x SignalGND, 2x Signals. On that image that Samson posted before, the pins are labeled like this on the ECU
  • 1 : EPA (Brown-Black)
  • 2 : VPA2 (Black)
  • 3 : EPTK (Brown)
  • 4 : VCPA (Green-Black)
  • 5 : VPA (Blue)
  • 6 : VPTK (Blue-Red)
Any ideas ? If we could get the Diagnostics pages for the DBW system that would do it. It should show the voltages at each pin as you test, from that we could figure out the assignments.

It's going to be a basic voltage divider (two of them). Can probably suss it out with a multi-meter too, but would be nice to have concrete facts ...

HAH. A little digging, look what I found.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts