Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
JetFire
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an exhaust shop that does custom mandrel bending around the DC Metro area? I know about Kelly Mufflers in Bladensburg but they are way over priced and the one guy there doesn't know much he told me he had twin turbo's on his 350Z I was like what kit then he pointed to his dual mufflers :wtflol:

·
Registered
591 Posts
There is champion or champions off of Martin Luther King and ardmore in landover, they did custom exhaust on my brothers red dragon, although they are pricks on the cat issue.

·
JetFire
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh ok they wanted to keep the cats on?

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
Phil at Superior Tire and Exhaust in Clinton did the DP on my Mazda and did the exhaust on my dads muscle car too. They're pretty good on prices and hes been doin it for like 20 years!

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,220 Posts
Actually, the only one that I know of that can do custom MANDREL bending would be Altered Atmosphere. They own a Mandrel bender (expensive piece of machinery). The only other option, if you must have mandrel bends, is to have a shop order all the bends in advance and then have them attempt to build you one.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money for the minimal returns a mandrel bend system offers over a traditional press-bent catback system. If you want less backpressure, run a dump :)

Ryan
P.S. Tony's Custom Exhaust in Glen Burnie built the exhaust on my FD. I think it was ~$200

·
JetFire
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts