Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
i used an extremely small flat head screw driver to remove one before .. you just have to figure out how they are in there and press the tab part down that stops it from backing out and gently pull it out.

a paper clip could work. but i haven't tried it.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
by de-pin do you mean remove the wires from the connector?

if so, you will see a piece that looks like a puzzle piece on one side of the connector, you use a tiny screwdriver to pop that piece up (not all the way out though) or it may also be a white piece inside the connector depending on what end you are dealing with, but that piece locks everything in and must be released. once you do that you need a very tiny flathead screwdriver (i use am eyeglass screwdriver) and will have to release little clips inside the connector on each wire and remove them one at a time. if you are having to use force then something is wrong, it doesn't take much to remove them.

if that's not what you meant by de-pin, then I just wasted both our time, lol

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
a paper clip could work. but i haven't tried it.
I can go ahead and speak from experience that a paperclip will not work,lol. tried that before I went out and bought an eyeglass screwdriver.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
i took a nail and ground it down to a nice flat point works great the nail is about 3 inches long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts