Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh 10 June 13th
BRADENTON MOTORSPORTS PARK
Saturday June 13th

Event Time: Gates open: 4pm
Track (racing surface) open: 5pm.
Track closed (racing surface): 10pm.
Facility Secured: 11pm.

Rules and requirements to Race at this event.

Must have drag radials or slicks, NO STREET TIRES ALLOWED. The exception to this rules is that All wheel drive and motorcycles are allowed to run any kind of tire.

Spectators All spectators are welcome, $12 at the gate.

Payment

41.46 If paying through paypal
40.00 if paying in any other method besides paypal

Pay pal payments can be made to [email protected]

Prefered payment method is Paypal. members, Due to a tighter budget this year, we can not afford to pay your paypal fees, so if your are making payment via pay pal. make sure it is for $41.46

Members can give it to me in person or mail me payment in the amount of 40.00 (pm me for address) but if it sells out before I receive it you will be issued a refund.

Please remember to include:

your Full name and your N2S Screen name.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Hey Dave feel like helping me finish my car to make this.:)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only 5 spots left

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
You guys should go out there and show what a street Supra can do...

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
We will be going out there with a couple of other people. See you guys there!

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Anyone run any new best times?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Anyone run any new best times?
Hehe... since this was my first time on slicks, I do have a new "best time". However, my goal Saturday was to just get out of the burn-out box and launch it decently. I don't have line lock, yet; and that makes it a challenge to heat up the tires without stalling the car.

Anyway, my best pass was [email protected] with a 1.64 60'. I had trouble shifting it down the track after the burn-out... Somehow, the line pressure to the Tilton had fallen off. It took me nearly half a second between shifts (per the log). I kept the mph down just so I could focus on the burn-out and launch. All in all, I was very pleased considering my setup was brand new. Plus, the slicks didn't bottom out or rub the fenders, and the launch was better than expected (for me, at least). Oh... and I have to thank Mike with helping me with the 2-step and anti-lag. I could only get it to make about 16 lbs of boost on my settings. With Mike's help, we got it over 20 psi, easily. Thanks Mike!

I did damage something, though... There's a vibration coming from the driveline, and the diff is leaking out the passenger-side hub. So, I have some diagnosing to do.

I guess for every two steps forward, there's sometimes a step back. Oh well...

-scott

·
Registered
348 Posts
One step forward, two steps back ... sounds all to familiar LOL
Anyway, sounds like you had a good time though :)

Hehe... since this was my first time on slicks, I do have a new "best time". However, my goal Saturday was to just get out of the burn-out box and launch it decently. I don't have line lock, yet; and that makes it a challenge to heat up the tires without stalling the car.

Anyway, my best pass was [email protected] with a 1.64 60'. I had trouble shifting it down the track after the burn-out... Somehow, the line pressure to the Tilton had fallen off. It took me nearly half a second between shifts (per the log). I kept the mph down just so I could focus on the burn-out and launch. All in all, I was very pleased considering my setup was brand new. Plus, the slicks didn't bottom out or rub the fenders, and the launch was better than expected (for me, at least). Oh... and I have to thank Mike with helping me with the 2-step and anti-lag. I could only get it to make about 16 lbs of boost on my settings. With Mike's help, we got it over 20 psi, easily. Thanks Mike!

I did damage something, though... There's a vibration coming from the driveline, and the diff is leaking out the passenger-side hub. So, I have some diagnosing to do.

-scott

·
Registered
MKIV TT 6 Speed
1,488 Posts

-scott
If you experienced any wheel hop it puts a lot of stress on your drive train. Look into some solid diff mounts as well as some ear mounts, it will smooth it out some.

Due to some heavy vibrations I always had trouble slamming it into 2nd gear even with my Stillway before the solid mounts.

You might have damaged some gears on your LSD, maybe it’s time for a 2 way TRD?

BTW, Who ran the fastest time out there?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts