Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I figured my trans was going to die eventually. When I picked it up with my 1jz swap and put it in, its made noise (chattering) when i changed the fluid it was metallic lol.. so lately its been poping out of first gear :(

anyways I was sorta thinking it might be a shift fork. anyone else have an idea what it is? I've bent a bolt to the 1st gear shift fork before, it stayed in gear, but would hard shifting into 3rd and 4th.. but maybe its bent enough where it doesn't fully engage 1st.. 2nd is fine..

boy it sucks trying to take off in 2nd with no torque (1jz) 3.73 and a 6 puck.. lol..

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
popping out of 1st is usually the thrust washer. most likely gonna need a full rebuild. especially if those metallic bits got into the bearings and races, which it probably did. im willing to bet that the 1-2 shift fork has chunks broken off of it. when you see the shift forks and hold them, its a wonder that they dont break on the first hard shift. they look like aluminum, feel like magnesium and seem like crystal. i wanted to get some chromoly shift forks made to avoid broken shift forks.... even T7 aluminum would work well.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea.. im gonna pull it apart and do a full rebuild.. hopfully the gears are still ok.. i knew i was on borrowed time to begin.. it was just a matter of time.. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts