Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
and this would be???
Looks like metal and friction plates...

First guess would be diff...

2nd trans just for the hell of it but i'm sure thats for the diff.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks like metal and friction plates...

First guess would be diff...

2nd trans just for the hell of it but i'm sure thats for the diff.
that's what i was thinking but i'm kinda new to the supra world. as of right now all i'm sorta knowledgeable about is the 2jzge seeing as how i just recently finished swapping one into my 240sx coupe

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Differential... I guess some people dont know, but the friction surfaces and the plates alternate... in the pic above only 3 of them are doing anything (maybe). Oh also... The fill plug was loose.. and no fluid came out of the diff when I tried and drain it... Luckily the gears were still wet with oil and the 4 miles did not seize it all up. But makes sense why it only locked on dirt and not anywhere else.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
Holy crap!. Thats exactly how mine was when i rebuild my diff haha. People fail so hard
it was slipping. reinstalled the plates correctly and added a super strong valve spring in the middle of the stock one and put it together. bam good as new

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Differential side gears. Wonder how the backyard mechanic figured to stack the clutch plates in a group. Priceless.

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
lmao. clutch, steel, clutch...repeat as necessary...i bet the PO cant even tie his shoes without fucking up the order.

dear, PO (mine) go fuck yourself.
po traded me an integra. checking em out, i popped the hood..clean ass head, fresh spray job...he says bottom end rebuilt to spec and all machine work done with hks/arp's...well the head, hks and arp's were the only thing i found done and obviously he didnt even do that right. diff had no oil, 1 headlight didnt pop up, had n/a spark plug wires, 215 tires on mk4 n/a wheels, and an aftermarket radio thats not even worthy for a junk yard. what a deal...perks of mk3 owners i soppose.

my block isnt horrible and i could run it... its just desperate for a proper rebuild this time and the accessory replacements like cps, oil pan, valve covers etc...if it "can" leak, it probably is.
so, after months of trying to baby the basket case, i parked it last summer and fucked around here and there...well ive had enough already. brand fucking new power plant, picking it up fri

thanks PO.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
See it buffed right out Matt!

·
not a poopra anymore!
1,095 Posts
thanks sir!!!

thought id share for any other newbs like me. this is the mildest setup, fucking hella deal! im sold.

Supra 1986.5-92 MAXGRIP KIT #1 (Street/track upgrade) $45.00 ea.
Kit comes with a full set of 8 shims thickness’ from .005”, .008”, .010”, .015”. Also comes with a heavy duty spring used in conjunction with the O.E.M. spring to increase the spring load from 550lbs. to 790lbs. Using this kit we have reached a breakaway torque of 100 ft.lbs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts