Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a little more info on the infamous death whine. I recently put the HKS intake on my 94MKIV TT and noticed a light howl at half throttle or light boost:mad: . It doesn’t blow smoke, and the car still boost solid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is the beginning of the end of the stock twins, or at least a little more info on how the death whine is induced (is it only at full throttle, does boost drop).

Thanx,
94MKIV TT
:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sounds like it could be the stock BOV letting some air out.. i thought that too when I put intake on... unless your loosing boost or a really horrible noise ... you should be fine..

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
You're fine, if you were/are getting death whine you wouldn't be able to make full boost. Remember, the stock airbox (which you removed :) also serves to quiet down the car.

-Mike

bpeterii said:
I am looking for a little more info on the infamous death whine. I recently put the HKS intake on my 94MKIV TT and noticed a light howl at half throttle or light boost:mad: . It doesn’t blow smoke, and the car still boost solid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is the beginning of the end of the stock twins, or at least a little more info on how the death whine is induced (is it only at full throttle, does boost drop).

Thanx,
94MKIV TT
:mad:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
after you put the intake you will here the turbos a little more some people confuse this for the death whine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts