Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 126 Posts

· JZA70 or go home!!
1,799 Posts
ultra highspeed drift!

255 Posts
Damn, the first time I posted here, I did not know that the motor had to be redone (I just got the info from the other thead & skimmed this one--I was distracted).

That really sucks that you have to redo the motor now. I know you put some time into it.
Glad no one got injured. The car is NOT totalled by any means. It could have been MUCH worse.
On my spin that I mentioned in my first post, I had 3 flat tires, 2 rims had chunks of the wheels missing, a torn out gas tank, torn out exhaust, both doors would not open (I got out from the sun roof), & front wheels were both facing outwards.
But, it was a learning experience to as to how to learn SLOWLY & in increments.

Since that, I stopped with cars but SLOWLY learned my way up with bikes. I had just bought my bike at that time & was thinking the whole time, "Damn, I never got to ride it too," as the car was out of control. LOL but I was lucky enough to live through it too :D

· Acceleration
4,291 Posts
Damn u got up to 170? I got my NA up to 145 with lots left but got scared cuz I have bald rears and there was a turn coming.

Tony you should learn how to drift so you won't crash any more of ur cars ;) Study the vid! <~~

That hole in the block is pretty fucking massive, glad everyone is ok, good job by the driver and passenger, it could have been a lot worse :bigthumb:! Best of luck in the near future, hope to see your supra get back on the road soon! :)

· LexusTico
3,604 Posts
wow also very lucky the car didn't get airborne going sideways @ 170...

· greasemonkey
3,341 Posts
Tony Mawad said:
I knew it was. LOL
I once spun an MK2 at its top speed (125mph).
It is the one in my sig...never spun a bike though hehe
an mkii's top speed is 125mph? hmm, ive had mine to 160. meh, guess you had the 4.30

· HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
damn son. 170mph, i would not dare take a corner at that speed. Well, there lucky the car didnt flip and start rolling, because if it did, i dont think they would be here right now. That sucks about the motor.

· Registered
80 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
damn son. 170mph, i would not dare take a corner at that speed. Well, there lucky the car didnt flip and start rolling, because if it did, i dont think they would be here right now. That sucks about the motor.

The motor is the easy part to fix. But honestly if the motor hadn't stopped so suddenly. The car would have taken that turn at much much faster then 170 with no problem at all.

· Registered
237 Posts
Thats crazy. My supra also went out from an engine fire. I was going about 140 and I suddenly felt the car just lose all power and I look down and see it is totally over heating. We were close to the mall exit and were going fast enough to coast all the way in the parking lot till the car just shuts down and I lose my power steering and all and coolant spits everywhere and smoke pours from under the hood. So we wait a few min and open the hood and see the overflow blew out coolant. I figured ok we were just pushing the car to hard and it over heated being it was hot out. So we let it sit for like three hours and go in target and grab a few gallons of coolant. I fill it up and start it up. Idles fine and we start heading home. So I am taking it easy and cruising at 65 down the thruway and all the sudden the temp gauge shoots up to the red so I pull over. Immediately smoke pours from under the hood. So we sit in there for a bit and my friend gets out and opens the hood and he is like wow this hood is hot. So he takes a shirt to grab the hood and as soon as he lifts it up he screams o fuck it is on fire. You can guess what happens from there. Whole front burned down while waiting for the fire department.

· Premium Member
7,276 Posts
First off, congrats on hitting 170 right before a curve, smart move. Second, if the back tires were locked up, how did you push it off the road? Seems to me that the fire caused the driver to panic and he locked the brakes up.
Either way, he should pay to fix it all.
One more thing, why would you lend out a high powered car to start with? Its all my buddies can do to get me to loan them my daily beater(93 festiva)

· Acceleration
4,291 Posts
sorry but at 145 an NA does not have lots left :stickpoke
With 3" from the manifold and advanced timing, super cool night air... :blah: :blah: :blah: mine does :blah:

I got scared cuz there was a turn, probably a little bit bigger than the one they're talking about here. I probably took it going 120ish and my car handled surprisingly well, so I know what u guys were talking about with high speed turns. I'll top out my car some day, I need some new tires first. Too scared runnin bald rears anything over 150 :run:

BTW vid should be posted later tonight, or as soon as my boss signs on... I think they changed my password :sadwavey:

· Registered
80 Posts
slither said:
First off, congrats on hitting 170 right before a curve, smart move. Second, if the back tires were locked up, how did you push it off the road? Seems to me that the fire caused the driver to panic and he locked the brakes up.
Either way, he should pay to fix it all.
One more thing, why would you lend out a high powered car to start with? Its all my buddies can do to get me to loan them my daily beater(93 festiva)

First off, the curve isn't that bad. Second off, the back end of the car immediatly swung towards the left. Thats what caused it to go to the right. If the tires were locked up i wouldn't have been able to steer the car back towards the middle of the road.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
So you maybe have 200 at the wheels? Thats not going to take a 3500 lb car past 145, sorry. Top speed of a stock turbo with roughly same amount of power is 145 tested and proven.

AGlobalThreat said:
With 3" from the manifold and advanced timing, super cool night air... :blah: :blah: :blah: mine does :blah:

I got scared cuz there was a turn, probably a little bit bigger than the one they're talking about here. I probably took it going 120ish and my car handled surprisingly well, so I know what u guys were talking about with high speed turns. I'll top out my car some day, I need some new tires first. Too scared runnin bald rears anything over 150 :run:

BTW vid should be posted later tonight, or as soon as my boss signs on... I think they changed my password :sadwavey:

21 - 40 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.