Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 126 Posts
G

·
Damn guys thats one hell of a story. Glad everyone is safe and sound.

The fastest I have gone is 130mph with my NA (had a little bit more, maybe 10 mph) before I transformed it into a Turbo. Havnt tryed hitting top speeds yet since I made it a GTE. Dont really plan on it either. I like my car to much. :)

· Acceleration
4,291 Posts
Actually now that I think about it, it was a decline (Going down). Doh. Completely forgot about that hehe. My bad. :lol: But yea, at that given time, it had quite a lot left and it got there pretty quick :). Damn. Now I need to go test my top speed on the straights!

BTW my car is nowhere near 3500 lbs. :stickpoke
Points to sig showing mass weight reduction :stickpoke

· slowest restoration ever
632 Posts
Weight doesn't really effect top speed. Aerodynamics and power are the main culprits.

To get back on topic: driving at ~160mph on any road... that's illegal, and... not very smart. If you need to get some crazy rush by breaking the law and endangering yourself, then you could try crack or heroin. You won't be risking other peoples lives that way.

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
* we live in an area where the roads are bare at 2am, and there is no one around. Both chris and I have the common sense to know where and when we can drive fast. The car was 110% capable around that turn at 170mph, we were near no one, and i let him drive the car fully understanding its potential, and his ability to drive.
You will not find me loaning my car to every face in the world, you will not see us going 170 around city blocks, and for gods sake, the rotation of the car was initiated by the rear tires locking, not driver error, it is evident by the oil spill on the road, where the skid starts, the 2 holes in the block, and the oil sprayed everywhere on the car

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
we arent sure what exactly happened to the rod, but the end cap was still intact, as we can see through the hole in the block, mabye a stress crack, time will tell when the motor comes out in the next few days

· Banned
7,203 Posts
trainwreck said:
we arent sure what exactly happened to the rod, but the end cap was still intact, as we can see through the hole in the block, mabye a stress crack, time will tell when the motor comes out in the next few days
Would be curious to know. What power? I know a few guys that put down 700 plus on those. Were they deburred as well?

Thanks

Duane

· Registered
668 Posts
Damn... When are people going to learn!!! When your out on a fun run esp driving over 150 mph VIDEO TAPE IT!!! J/K In all seriousness tho your buddy is one hell of a driver & very lucky to have kept the car on the road. Hope the rebuild cost don't set you back too bad, but I can see you getting a builders discount :).

· Registered
1,907 Posts
A broken rod locking up the tires at 60 can cause a spin too . . . Deffinately good thing that everyone is alright, and I believe s000pra89t put it best, I would have shit a brick too. And did your car have ABS, incase this MKIV guy chimes in again?

· Registered
2,322 Posts
I didn't feel like reading the whole thread so this may have already been said. If your engine has a hole in the block thats not it that you are showing in the 2nd picture to me that just looks like the exhaust manifold and those holes are suppose to be there. Or am I mistaken I can't tell for sure cuz it is such a closeup

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
i spun out at 140 mph. Wasn't so lucky. Hit the center divider 4 times. Bent the rear sub frame front frame & chassis. Blew 2 tires, ps quater panel destroyed, rad, fan, intake, ic, ic pipin all damaged, gas tank was damaged THANK GOD it didn't blow, exhaust was damaged, n the trunk had ripples all the way to the front of the back seats.

· Registered
80 Posts
Turkish said:
I didn't feel like reading the whole thread so this may have already been said. If your engine has a hole in the block thats not it that you are showing in the 2nd picture to me that just looks like the exhaust manifold and those holes are suppose to be there. Or am I mistaken I can't tell for sure cuz it is such a closeup

It's just a crappy picture. The hold is underneath the manifold. There are actually holes on both sides of the block in the same location.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.