Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen Mazda and Mitsu do this before on some small cars long ago but it seems to be a genuinely growing segment. With gas prices shooting up again...this segment's here to stay.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Ent.../2008_Chevrolet_HHR_SS_Spied.S178.A12261.html

The MS3 and its direct injected turbo, VW direct-injected turbo GTI, new WRXs, new Lancers, turbo Mini, and now this with some solid aftermarket Ecotech presence too!!! It's only be time till we see Honda's direct-injected RDX turbo 4 go into something small.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Honda definitely needs to something with the SI. I read a bunch of comparos on the sport compact market and they biggest gripe with the Honda was the lack of torque. There was supposed to be a concept SI with a supercharged K20A but it never materialized I guess. The 4 door GTI is a pretty cool car if you need to transport people and if you need a trunk you can get the GLI (even though it is butt ugly). Bang for the buck nothing touches the MS3 in that segment right now.

·
Registered
702 Posts
hhr's look hideous IMHO. i'd never consider buying one, no matter what power plant it has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts