Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any concrete testing with methanol injection on the stock intake? I know there are concerns with some cylinders not getting equal distributions, and am wondering if this will be a problem with a good size methanol shot.

Anyone have any data/experiences they would like to share?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
For what it's worth I ran the SMC alky kit at ~70% duty cycle on the pump it comes with. Supported about 700rwhp on pump gas with 85#/hr injectors on an upgraded fuel system. This was all with stock intake, and dyno confirmed no detonation...

Adam

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Adam. I have done decent size methanol shots on various cars with stock intakes that have "rumored" unequal distribution with no real issues. I was spraying over 45-50gph at one point through a single nozzle with no issues to speak of on a 4cyl car. However have not done a big Methanol inj setup on a Supra yet.

I figure with a proper setup most of the methanol is vaporized anyway, and it shouldn't be a big deal. Did you make any extended pulls with that setup?

Just thought I'd ping some of you folks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
FWIW i run my nozzle about 3 inches before my throttle body. the methanol gets sucked in and equally distributed. i run the alkycontrol kit and love it. 25psi on pump gas with a 67mm turbo is a great thing.

btw. i run a 100% methanol

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
You may want to consider adding Klotz lubricant or at least cutting 10-20% w/H20 if you can still avoid detonation...sounds pretty corrosive, though I had run 100% at one time or another too, but with the lube.

Adam

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
lol u guys need to come down here...we use nitrous jets for meth....

it dosnt matter your shot...un equal distribution=more fuel and detonation supression for those cyls that get 1-3% more meth

if u are worried about lubrication...add some a couple of cap fulls of atf fluid to your meth

if u wonder how much meth we shoot...lets just say its enough for 91 octane+42lbs on hx55 compressor+120 shot :)

and no we dont have dynos down here...we tune on the streets with a wideband

1 - 7 of 7 Posts