Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which one is better to use for an n/a supra? which one is easier to install, safc or safr? also, does anyone know what i will be doing when i am installing this? which wires will i be cutting/ what area of the of the car is involved in the installation? etc? i'm thinking of ordering one of these at the same time as the exhaust, installing them both myself to save money, and then get the safc/safr dynotuned. what do you think? how much should i be looking at to get this dynotuned (am i spelling that right?)... and how long will it take to dynotune? thanks.

any opinions on which is the better product?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
would anyone suggest one over the other and why?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on tech guys.... help me out on this one... the group buy is almost over... thanks

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i suggest the apex super afc

why well most people areusing it and have had no problems with it i only know of one person out or 20+supra owners who have the hks unit but still have not installed it!

·
OG
754 Posts
I would like to quote the words of our sponsor...

The HKS AFR has 11 points of adjustment, the Apex AFC has 8

The AFR has 6 more points of adjustment from 650~2000rpm's for idle correction, the AFC does not have this

The AFR has a Response Adjustment, the AFC does not

The AFR's 11 adjustment points can be as close together as 50rpm's, the AFC's 8 adjustment points are fixed & can not be changed

The AFR has EIDS which correct the Air/Fuel signal so your car doesn't stall or go rich when your Blow Off Valve releases, the AFC does not have this

is this what you were looking for? :D

I

·
0 Posts
Personally, i have the afc and have no problems with it.
The afr seems to have many, many more functions though. 11point adj, idle corrector, idle stabilizer just to name a few.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ghuang429 said:
www.german-autowerks.com is doing a group by on the A'pexi V-AFC / S-AFC for $260. Come help out, and it should drop to $250. I just sent in my $50 deposit. GB ends Jan 10th I believe...

Gary
the above quote from another thread... i was thinking about it but i guess i am gonna go with the hks afr because it's smaller and has more tuning features... the apex unit is cool too... i really like the monitoring features but i don't think the look of it goes as well with the supra interior as the apex... of course this is just my opinion... i appreciate the replies though :)

V

·
0 Posts
I have the v-afc and havent had a chance to install it. Does anyone have a wiring guide for installation since it was made for v-tec engines?:)

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
Your putting a V-AFC in a supra?

i wouldn't recommend it, best sell that v-afc on ebay......then get yourself a s-afc

ting

veilsidesupra said:
I have the v-afc and havent had a chance to install it. Does anyone have a wiring guide for installation since it was made for v-tec engines?:)

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Team Toyota said:

The AFR's 11 adjustment points can be as close together as 50rpm's, the AFC's 8 adjustment points are fixed & can not be changed

The AFC has 8 adjustment points and they CAN be changed wherever you want up to 10,000rpm.

The AFC also has high and low throttle maps that can be preset to be used whenever you wanted them on...this all goes by throttle %.

Ever since using the AFC on my car I have had absolutely no problems with it and it has changed my fuel curve just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts