Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! im kinda in need of help choosing a big turbo! i cant make a decision between gt42r-BB or a t88h-36gk!

im running standard internals with aftermarket hks 264 camshaft and gears!

internals is a must but not now bc of budget! i just want the turbo on my car first! and drive it around for a while!

garrett gt42r BB- $2800AU

greddy t88h-36gk- $3500AU

ps: how laggy is it! is it street driveable?

but these r only turbo im wiling to get but which 1?

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
I have personally tuned both the Greddy GK turbo and the GT42 turbo on AEM's. I can tell you from my experience the GT42 turbo will outspool the GK turbo by a good margin and make just as much power as well and this is not even comparing the BB version...the BB version is going to outspool the Greddy turbo by a large amount no doubt! This comparison is of course comparing to the GT42-76 turbo size...anything smaller won't make nearly the same power as the Greddy GK turbo.

The Greddy GK turbo will most definitely make good power as one of the AEM cars I tuned with the Greddy GK turbo made 838rwhp w/125 shot of nitrous through an unlocked powerglide at 30lbs of boost and timing NOT over 14 degrees at peak RPM on the dyno. That particular car went [email protected] with the Greddy GK turbo using the 125 shot through the unlocked powerglide.

So, basically a GK turbo will make the power, but it will spool slower than the GT42 series which will make about the same power most notably if you put on the larger exhaust housings...standard is 1.01.

Hope that helps in your future decision.

Take Care

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
What manifold do you already have on your car? If it's like other Greddy's, you might also have to buy an adaptor plate. I vote Garrett!

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
The 38GK should make more power than the GT4202, and the GT42-76. As Tony said though, it will be significantly lazier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts