Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently sold my car and I have 19,500$ for a new car, I went and test drove the SRT-4 and was pretty impressed with its performance for the price. I've always loved Supras and dreamed of having one, im stuck with the decision of using my 20k to buy a used (most likely high mileage) 6speed Supra, and even that would be hard to find. OR I could head down to the dodge dealership and buy a brand spankin new SRT-4, I've been thinking about it and I can't really seem to decide what to do, GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT GUYS!

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
You're kidding, right?

Think about it this way... In two years that Neon is only worth around $10,000 - $12,000 and it will NEVER be a collectable car. In ten years you have a $500 Dodge.

The Supra will hold it's value, if not go up a little, and is a MUCH more desirable car to own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but for 20K I can't really get a NICE Supra you know? It would be high-mileage and probably auto, which I don't really want...

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Save your money for few months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
srt's are ok, but they do not hold thier value too well. its nowhere near as bad as west is saying.....i payed 22k after tax title and tags and my car is worth 18k still. srt's can move, and are extremly easy to mod. but obviously the same goes to supras.......it just depends on if you want a nice brand new car or a really really nice used one. for 20k, i doubt youll find one in good condition though, im in the same dillemma as you, im thinking about sellong my car and getting a tt 6 speed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i was really impressed with the performance of the SRT4 when I went for a test drive, considering its a 4 door sedan 4cylinder, it moves..Runs 14.2 1/4 mile stock, pretty good for a 4cylinder sedan. I looked into the mopar stages and I would basically be paying like 3k+ to achieve around 300hp, I really love the supra, but it would be nice to have a brand new car..I don't really think i can get a 'really really nice' used supra for 20k lol

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Leave the Supra for the enthusiasts. If you EVEN need to ask, then by all means buy the Neon. :hay:

"Hey, guys. Should I buy a Civic or a C5 Vette?" :stickpoke

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeh i feel you there man. actually 14.2 is only what some magazines drive. most decent drivers average 13.8-13.9 on a bone stock srt. the record for a stock one i think is 13.6. it is a damn good car but cant really be compared to a tt supra. if you dont have the money though, dont do it, im sure supras cost a few dollars to maintain too, dont break yourself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll get the Supra, wait i mean SRT, i mean Supra, i mean... :dunno:

anywaaaays, I saw a 6spd supra going for 19,000 with 115k miles in the for sale section, I wonder if its sold yet :eek:hnoes:

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Leave the Supra for the enthusiasts. If you EVEN need to ask, then by all means buy the Neon. :hay:

"Hey, guys. Should I buy a Civic or a C5 Vette?" :stickpoke
exactly what i thought
why is that a question?

u do realize there will be other expenses to maintain the supra.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
remember you have to pay to play. The initial investment is only half the battle as most Supra owners will tell you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
how much do you all usually spend a year on maintenance on your tt supras.......im still considering selling my srt. its getting close to that time to step it up.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.