Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys here’s my dilemma, my car as of right I have intake, full exhaust, 3 row, bcc, tranny cooler, and like 15lbs. For some odd as reason I can’t get my boost over the 15lbs. A first I thought my twins were going out and was kind of pissed, but then I was kind of happy when my friend began telling me about the SP budget kits.

So I guess my question is; what shall I do? Should I go single (t61)? How long is the stock AUTO going to take the abuse? Would I be better off just buying wheels and staying on stock twins? How much power is the single going to give me, I’ve heard auto’s go out any where from 400hp-500hp? What can I use to tune with, or will I need to? I’m sure someone has been in the same position, to a degree. Help me out guys!

Thanks, Nick

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
MK41DAY said:
Okay guys here’s my dilemma, my car as of right I have intake, full exhaust, 3 row, bcc, tranny cooler, and like 15lbs. For some odd as reason I can’t get my boost over the 15lbs. A first I thought my twins were going out and was kind of pissed, but then I was kind of happy when my friend began telling me about the SP budget kits.

So I guess my question is; what shall I do? Should I go single (t61)? How long is the stock AUTO going to take the abuse? Would I be better off just buying wheels and staying on stock twins? How much power is the single going to give me, I’ve heard auto’s go out any where from 400hp-500hp? What can I use to tune with, or will I need to? I’m sure someone has been in the same position, to a degree. Help me out guys!

Thanks, Nick
Nick,

I would look into the Stu Hagen mods first. These mods will push the bar of the stock twins to up to 500 RWHP. However, with the stock twins, we all are aware of the issues that can plague and frustrate people with the VSVs. Your car sounds like it is having the stock wastegate issue of not holding boost. This spring becomes weak overtime that results in issues your are experiencing. Look up the spring mod and it may do the trick. Have you done a boost leak test to your car yet?

In your case, I would get a Wideband 02, AFC to tune it and a 3200 RPM stall converter. This should help out alot. An with wheels, yes you should get some. CCW classics would look awesome on your car with some DR's.

If you want we can talk more this weekend at the strip.

DP

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suprafied said:
Nick,

I would look into the Stu Hagen mods first. These mods will push the bar of the stock twins to up to 500 RWHP. However, with the stock twins, we all are aware of the issues that can plague and frustrate people with the VSVs. Your car sounds like it is having the stock wastegate issue of not holding boost. This spring becomes weak overtime that results in issues your are experiencing. Look up the spring mod and it may do the trick. Have you done a boost leak test to your car yet?

In your case, I would get a Wideband 02, AFC to tune it and a 3200 RPM stall converter. This should help out alot. An with wheels, yes you should get some. CCW classics would look awesome on your car with some DR's.

If you want we can talk more this weekend at the strip.

DP
Okay, hopefully I can make it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts