Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys..

Ive been left in a pinch..
I rebuilt my 7m-gte dropped it in the car and now I'm stuck trying to find tranny parts..

My buddy asked why don't I put in a 1jz?
So, I looked into it and I found a complete swap for pretty a pretty good price.

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are and if anyone knows a good price to sell the 7m with tranny ecu and wiring harness for or if anyone is looking for one?:bigthumb:

Are there any problems i should be aware of with this swap?

Thanks guys!

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
Alright guys..

Ive been left in a pinch..
I rebuilt my 7m-gte dropped it in the car and now I'm stuck trying to find tranny parts..

My buddy asked why don't I put in a 1jz?
So, I looked into it and I found a complete swap for pretty a pretty good price.

Just wondering what your guys thoughts are and if anyone knows a good price to sell the 7m with tranny ecu and wiring harness for or if anyone is looking for one?:bigthumb:

Are there any problems i should be aware of with this swap?

Thanks guys!
if your buddy is not going to help you fund the 1jz swap, screw it....why are people getting pressure to do the 1jz swap.....keep the 7mgte and find the rest of the parts that you need.....you're in canada right??? How come you just didn't find one that already has the 1jz.....just more money out of your pocket, seeing that you're just 18 yr old.....

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
wait, so instead of getting a r154, your going 1j? now that is a new excuse.... Either way they need the same tranny

<l><l>

·
addicted
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
wait, so instead of getting a r154, your going 1j? now that is a new excuse.... Either way they need the same tranny

<l><l>
i already got a r154, its just the parts i need i cant find anywhere and same with the thermostat housing for the 7m

and its a complete engine swap

1j w/ tranny ecu and harness

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
i already got a r154, its just the parts i need i cant find anywhere and same with the thermostat housing for the 7m
that's just excuses, send Curt from Elmhurst Toyota a message. He can get you all those stock parts that are hard to find a low prices....just go to the sponsors section and click on Elmhurst Toyota......just because a few small parts you wanted and can't find you want to abandoned everything for a new engine.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
i wouldnt get a new motor and tranny just because your having trouble finding parts me personally i just bought an 87 auto with 7mge in it and i gotta go through the motor and redo the gaskets ... then imma build my 2jz for it and do a swap

·
Registered
601 Posts
7m For Life Dude, A lot of guys do the swap and or are pressured to do a swap, a 7m can put out great numbers it just takes some blood, sweat, and tears. Stay with the 7m

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
just tell me what tranny parts u need and other 7m parts i am pretty sure i have anything u need just pm me sold your problem quick and u have ur car running without spending another 2-5k on the sucker

·
Registered
170 Posts
That problem with most people is that follow the hype, The 1JZ is an awsome motor but the 7M is also. People dont see that the 7M is a great motor because there blinded xJZ hype. Look at the dyno graph, the 7M makes more torque. The only issue SOME people may find with the 7M is the lack of after market support. There is plenty of after market support to make a good 1000WHP 7M. Personaly I like the 7M because its a great motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts