Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Word.
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice your built toyota transmissions have a deep pan (off a toyota pickup truck). In an effort to preserve my transmission, Would it be to much to ask what model that pan is off or the part number for it. Also how much more fluid does it hold?

thanks
Dave F.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I dont know what truck its of off...But I believe it holds an additional 2 qts.

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
guys,.. I think this may be a little to much to ask for.
i was the guy that responded to larrys offer to list what he does to his trannies.. and he did. Put me in my place..

I would immagine this is a line that Larry/SP as a shop would not want to cross just because they did alot already on their on behalf to let us know why their tranny is better.
Lets not abuse it and let it be. Dont get me wrong id like to know as well. But it has a price,.. and for the price you gett he whole tranny.

93 hardtop... no offence to you and im sure you had the best intentions,.. but if larry told us what pan he uses.. somthing tells me that every competators tranny that didnt have that pan would now have it.. thus making sp lose one of its edges...

Just my opinion

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
VR4_007 said:
guys,.. I think this may be a little to much to ask for.
i was the guy that responded to larrys offer to list what he does to his trannies.. and he did. Put me in my place..

I would immagine this is a line that Larry/SP as a shop would not want to cross just because they did alot already on their on behalf to let us know why their tranny is better.
Lets not abuse it and let it be. Dont get me wrong id like to know as well. But it has a price,.. and for the price you gett he whole tranny.

93 hardtop... no offence to you and im sure you had the best intentions,.. but if larry told us what pan he uses.. somthing tells me that every competators tranny that didnt have that pan would now have it.. thus making sp lose one of its edges...

Just my opinion

are you joking or serious(cant tell)? its only a pan, its not like someone asked for his internal specs down to the last detail :wtflol:

jay

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
jaynite said:
are you joking or serious(cant tell)? its only a pan, its not like someone asked for his internal specs down to the last detail :wtflol:

jay
I agree. Besides I already have a built tranny and maybe this should be seen instead as an opportunity for Lar to further increase his revenue base :dunno:

Brad

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
jaynite said:

jay

Jay I was being serious..
If its "just a pan" why doesnt eveyone else have one? Or why didnt curt just come out and say probably casue like I said,.. it is indeed an edge that SP shouldnt give up.. Like I said dont get me wrong, Id like to know... and If he posted id put it on my car.. but I just think thats the kind of thing Larry/SP would keep to them selves
Your right it is pretty small compared to going into internal specifics but
like I said it was just my opinion. . .
:hug:

btw would you please respond to my PM i sent a while ago in regards to the
TH-400
thanks

EDIT sorry about all the "like I saids" :wtflol:

·
Word.
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am sure there are lots of parts that are propietary information but I doubt this is one of them for the simple reason that it is not a one off piece, but rather a toyota part that is readily available from a number of sources. It wouldn't be difficult for someone with a SP tranny to drop the pan and give us the part number but I thought I would ask here first because time and time again Larry has been more than willing to help the Supra community. Hell, I'd even be willing to buy the pan from SP.

Dave F.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
It is obvious why we will not give out the exact part number to this part. It took us a few days of research to find the pan that would fit. We had to go through many shop manuals, parts listings etc. It definately gives us an edge over the competition. We remove the part number from every pan before it is sold..... is this wrong? We did all the research and work. We should be able to reap the rewards. Any business man that needs to feed his kids will agree.

They are for sale through SP.

Larry
SP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts