Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the blue car finally got some mods: SS defcon DP w/a summit cutout and a mccord power plate installed. here's pix:

www.mkiiisupra.com/drj/bluecar/

no comments on the welds, its the first time i've welded in 2 yrs. mad props to my lovely wife as she helped out and did some welding herself. =)

expect scaled versions, etc later tonite...

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
lookin pretty sweet bro.... now lets here it open :D

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it worked out pretty good. i should have ported the DP and the cutout....then again, who cares? its just my DD.....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Eh, nothing wrong with it - I go the opposite way and freak out if anyone puts anything on a painted surface. Doesn't make the car go any faster though :) That setup should be good and loud and net you some power cheap.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it worx pretty good. a tiny increase in exhaust note due to eliminating both cats, but still very quiet (running the stock exhaust). w/the plate open, its crazy loud (duh!) and way more powerful.....

T

·
0 Posts
How powerful would you say that motor turning the cutout is?

This may sound a little dumb, but if you have an extra throttle body lying around, or two like I do, you could rig up a way to weld the throttlebody onto a summit cut-out and run some kind of cable to it to make it open and close.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
you got your cutout already? damn, that was fast... ill be watchin the mail for mine... you'll like my install too :)

·
2,279 Posts
Cutouts are great. I've been running my manual cutout for over a year now. I need to get one of those mccord plates though, crawling under the car when I want to go "regular" mode is a PITA!

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the motor has a pretty serious gear reduction in it, that's why its so slow (but mega tq).

i got mine so fast due to 3 day select shipping and the fact that i pd as soon as i got the email confirming the group buy was over.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
ya, thats why. i have to wait for mine to be shipped USPS, but i payed right away as well. looks good Dr J!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts