Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So picked up these badboys off a member for a good deal. figured a little TLC and i can get them looking pretty good again. they're delined 96 headlights and I also purchased a set of 98's off another member. Swap back n forth and this is what im gonna have .

we cleared the headlight lense inside and out to achieve a crystal clear lens. Due to some rough scratching from the sanding process that we coudlnt polish out. I decided to clear both sides.

enjoi !!

preppin the insides for some paint

primer and sanding/ paint

I know i know " WHY DID YOU PAINT IT ALL BLACK!?!?"

its a single stage urethane black. We will be applying MOTO- MIRRACHROME in a day or two and hopefully itll come out decent

=)

·
Registered
244 Posts
They look bad ass. I hope the're going on a black car because that would look so sick. Post pics once you mirrachrome it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
does the clear coat completely stop the yellowing on the headlights or will just just take a lot longer for it to come back?

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,896 Posts
Looking real sweet ! Awaiting some shots mounted on the car

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Looks sick man this could be a nice little business for you I am sure many Supra owners would like this level or service and attention to detail to change the look of our car's.

Congratulations Amazing Work are you a Paint/Body man by any chance.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i man the front office and manage, I hardly paint but I do fabricate. I just try to tackle little jobs like these or have our crew help me out to do a little something different. I use my car to funnel in custom work in our area so any little thing i can do to make it stand out , I do it !

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just bought a set of beat up 1998 headlights... won't be delining them but this inspires me for sure!!! looks really badass. I'd like to pretty much do what you've done.

I have a question about the "MOTO- MIRRACHROME". Since my set of headlights have the chrome peeling away on the rings I need to get those redone. Is that just spray paint? where could I pick this stuff up online? I just need enough to get the rings redone.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
motostorm.com

you need a spray gun to apply it and a good one ( gotta be a real nice and fine mist) the chrome was peeling from the 98's and rusting as well. i sanded them down and primered the entire thing and sanded some more.

the headlights arent perfect but then again. its easier to perfect something large than it is something small. ( hard to get certain tools in there to buff things out) but im happy overall and we will see how the " motochrome / mirrachrome " holds up

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those look great! Maybe you should think about marketing some..
delining is definately not a fun job. Exvelocity is arleady doing this for SF members. I need not step on anyones toes. Plus I do good work but i woudlnt say that we do flawless work, I will never be a person to say im the best but I do strive to be good at what I do.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.