Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i just splice in my denso 02 senser and the 2 black wires does it matter witch way they go on? I tried switching them around and did not notice any diff. I know that they are from the heater. But that is all the info that i could locate in my serch.
THX

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Nope- either way, it's cool.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
could you tell me where you got it maybe and a part number or a site?
thanks

· 92 TURBO
1,786 Posts
Spoolme said:
could you tell me where you got it maybe and a part number or a site?
thanks
^ Jay Marks Toyota: part# 89465-19145 which changes over to 89465-19345

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/parts/89465.html

OR
Search by OEM Part Number:
(Select Make)Toyota
Multi-Part Search

Partnumber 89465-19145 was superceded!
Old Partnumber: 89465-19145
New Partnumber: 89465-19345
Search for Superceded Part Number
Part Number Search Results : OEM Catalog
Item Number MSRP Core Price Price
8946519145 $94.39 $0.00 $67.96

SENSOR, OXYGEN

· Registered
3,818 Posts
thanks. but i thought he was talking about a universal one and it was cheaper.

· Registered
3,818 Posts
i dunno. whats the $94 for then?
but i thought people got some bosch sensor and wired it in cuz it was cheaper. but $68 aint bad.
Also, if its the stock sensor and you can get it from toyota then why would you need to splice it?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got mine for 40us. I'll pm you the info.

· 92 TURBO
1,786 Posts
Spoolme said:

^ $94 is the MSRP (Manufacturer's i.e. Toyota's Suggested Retail Price) or LIST PRICE. $68 would be the price you get it for + shipping This is for the Genuine Toyota O2 sensor made by Nippondenso or aka Denso which is a good price for OEM. It plugs right in to your engine harness with no modification to the connector plug or wiring like some aftermarket ones require. Cutting & splicing the O2 sensor's signal wire should be avoided because your dealing with milivolt readings, so you want NO resistance in the circuit.

but i thought people got some bosch sensor and wired it in cuz it was cheaper. but $68 aint bad.
^ but why cut and splice the wires? Btw, although Bosch is a good name their O2 sensors are only rated to last 60k. The OEM Denso will easily outlast the Bosch.

Also, if its the stock sensor and you can get it from toyota then why would you need to splice it?
^ you won't if it's OEM. I just replaced mine and it plugged right in and came with a new mounting metal gasket. I still had the original with 116k so I figured it was time. They get "lazy" with mileage.

· I Love Lamp...
3,837 Posts
I think i paid like $38 or something for the Denso 3 wire from sparkplugs.com. Had it crossed my mind to try and get the 1st time fit from one of the sponsoring toyotas, i would have shelled out the extra $25 or whatever it is.

Tim

· Banned
1,120 Posts
Spoolme said:
I have a place that has the kit with toyota adapter for I think $49 and then it is like $30 bucks each time after once you have the adapter. You do have to connect the 3 wires to your old plug but no biggie at all. Let me know if you want the number and I will get it.

Thanks,
Seth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.