Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Engmaineer
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran any of the boost-a-pump box's with stock denso pumps?

I was wondering how these pumps will respond to higher voltage.

Thanks.:D

·
Toyota Master Tech
1,438 Posts
just stick with what works and don't use one. Burns the pumps out early

·
Registered
192 Posts
My buddy Matt used one for a year and never had a problem, but eventually couldn't flow enough even with the boost a pump (kenne bell unit) -- He never had a pump fail because of it though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/boostapump/boostapump.htm

According to their site with the KB BAP you can increase flow on your single 12v pump by up to 50% by increasing the voltage to 17.5v on their "street BAP". So if that is true and people are making 500rwhp on the stock pump, I don't see why 700-750rwhp is not possible with the denso and a BAP as far as pumps go.

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts
We have successfully tested single in-tank Bosch 044 with Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump adjusted to 15 volt output in Supra with HKS T51R, HKS 1000cc injectors and Apexi Power FC.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ekool at what point did your buddy run out of flow? A high current KB BAP should be able to get you about 700rwhp with the right injectors on a stock denso. I have yet to see it though because everyone goes with dual pumps ober 500 RWHP.
I believe he was in the 650 awhp range when he finally ran out and it couldn't keep up. It was on a 3000GT.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
As ekool alluded to, people in the 3000GT/Stealth camp have been using the Denso + KB BAP for many years with no issues. I've never heard of anyone burning up a Denso due to increased voltage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts