Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
worth it. get Denso Iradiums, and 1 degree colder than stock, perfect for our BPu supras.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recommend them

The denso are a good brand to go with.....
I put on set on and was very well pleased with them
My idle was smoother and acceleration seemed to improve.
I dont really know about the fuel ecomony that they claim.
I could tell any differece in mileage.............

I highly recommend them ............ (get one degree colder than stock)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Re: I recommend them

what is part # is one degree colder than stock part #ik20 or ik22
SupraSC said:
(get one degree colder than stock)

Z

·
0 Posts
IK22 is the one you want which equals degree 7 NGK. I just ordered them yesterday from Sparkplugs.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
HKS plugs

One of the people that I talked to at Denso, said that they make the plugs for HKS. They said that it is the same plug, except that is has the HKS logo on it......and costs about twice as much.

·
0 Posts
One thing to consider is if u get any detonation at all copper plugs will have a chance of doing very little damage or none and irdium will mess u up big time.
donatas said:
Are they worth it or should I stick with NGK?
Thanks
Donatas

Z

·
0 Posts
Supraman16 said:
Zerosoul,
Mind if I ask how much the plugs cost?...Darshana S...
at Sparkplug.com they sell IK22 for $12 each. not cheap, but worth the money IMO>

Z

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Denso Iridiums.....

[3L] said:
One thing to consider is if u get any detonation at all copper plugs will have a chance of doing very little damage or none and irdium will mess u up big time.
why is that?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This topic was bantered about big time over the last few days on MKIV forum. Go to that for a lot of info. What technical facts does 3L base his opinion that for some reason detonation with iridium plug will screw up a car and copper you will not. Detonation will screw up a car period. The answer on MKIV after a lot of back and forth was no one plug, plug #, etc. is the magic bullett for the Supra. It all depends. I have Denso Iridiums and I like them. One objective test that I did read in a turb import type mag was putting Denso Iridiums in a BPU Supra and putting it on a dynojet. The car on the plugs alone generated about 10rwhp more than stock. Nuff Said.
Barry H. 94ttsupra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts