Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which plugs should I get?? I have NGK iridium plugs right now but when I get on it my car hesitates and gets really rich. I have it tuned for 11.5-12 afr but now it goes to 10 afr. so im assuming my plugs are fouled. any thoughs

S

·
0 Posts
what ever you do get platinum tips, the dist is made to work with platinum

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
SupraGang said:
what ever you do get platinum tips, the dist is made to work with platinum
DO NOT GET PLATINUM PLUGS IF YOU ARE NA-T!!!!! They run hot and I had a bunch of detonation issues. NA ok but not with a turbo on there!

I had huge problems with fouling plugs after I went NA-T. I tried absolutely every friggin plug on the market. Only thing that worked for me was the NGK Iridium IX plugs. They last a lot longer and don't foul. Get the ones made for the TT as they are I believe one heat range lower than NA's.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know not to get the platinum ones. i have ngk iridium now but i believe there fouled. also when just cruising at 65mph in 5th my afr is 13.8-14.0. should be between 14.6 and 14.9. thats why im asking if i should try the denso's out or maybe try the ngk's again..

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
safcII is what im currently using.. it is tuned as well. I have had the plugs for about 6 months now. for a while i was running untuned and i believe thats why this has happened.. i have a egt gauge and afr gauge so when i was untuned i knew where my limits were and how hard i could push the car. also when im crusing at 35-40mph in 4th my afr is right on... 14.6 to 14.9.. mostly right on 14.7

·
11,219 Posts
USMCSupra said:
Really? I found them too cold. :dunno:

Just sharing my experience with them.
Ain't colder better? Out of pure laziness I'm running the Iridiums. They are supposedly good for up to 15k miles or something. It beats changing them on every oil change.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Colder plugs are better to help keep away detonation, but they generally foul easier. You want to run the hottest plug you can get away with without detonating.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Quicksilver.FX said:
ngk 4550. your manual says use platinum tip.
Manual also says don't turbocharge.
Actually, it doesn't explicitly say that, but it is assumed that the car stays NA.
As soon as you have positive pressure in the manifold, platinums become useless.

~Alan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts