Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is it turbo??
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which plugs should I get?? I have NGK iridium plugs right now but when I get on it my car hesitates and gets really rich. I have it tuned for 11.5-12 afr but now it goes to 10 afr. so im assuming my plugs are fouled. any thoughs

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
SupraGang said:
what ever you do get platinum tips, the dist is made to work with platinum
DO NOT GET PLATINUM PLUGS IF YOU ARE NA-T!!!!! They run hot and I had a bunch of detonation issues. NA ok but not with a turbo on there!

I had huge problems with fouling plugs after I went NA-T. I tried absolutely every friggin plug on the market. Only thing that worked for me was the NGK Iridium IX plugs. They last a lot longer and don't foul. Get the ones made for the TT as they are I believe one heat range lower than NA's.

·
Is it turbo??
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know not to get the platinum ones. i have ngk iridium now but i believe there fouled. also when just cruising at 65mph in 5th my afr is 13.8-14.0. should be between 14.6 and 14.9. thats why im asking if i should try the denso's out or maybe try the ngk's again..

·
Is it turbo??
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
safcII is what im currently using.. it is tuned as well. I have had the plugs for about 6 months now. for a while i was running untuned and i believe thats why this has happened.. i have a egt gauge and afr gauge so when i was untuned i knew where my limits were and how hard i could push the car. also when im crusing at 35-40mph in 4th my afr is right on... 14.6 to 14.9.. mostly right on 14.7

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Colder plugs are better to help keep away detonation, but they generally foul easier. You want to run the hottest plug you can get away with without detonating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.