Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Looking at a 100% stock mkiv with 111K miles next weekend (24-26), I'd like to have the pre purchase inspection done at a shop that people in the area trust. I know of some basic stuff to look for based on searches I've done here, but I'd still like a professional shop to look it over too.

Shoot me your recommendations please! Also if you'd like to add the oddball thing that I should write down on my checklist I'd appreciate that as well.

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Interestingly enough that's also who I pmd him to use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
Pm sent bud, I am associated with street life performance, and will be more then happy to assist you, as well as assist with shipping if needed as I have enclosed trailer available if needed

-Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to follow this up and give a big thanks to Rudy and Mike. Both extremely helpful, honest guys. A very welcoming experience into the Supra community. Mike was great in evaluating the car's health and filling me in on other small bits of info to keep in mind. Ended up purchasing the car and have a good sense of security, as well as a good gameplan for the car thanks to him.

Thanks to everyone else for your contributions. It was short notice so I understand some others were busy.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Just wanted to follow this up and give a big thanks to Rudy and Mike. Both extremely helpful, honest guys. A very welcoming experience into the Supra community. Mike was great in evaluating the car's health and filling me in on other small bits of info to keep in mind. Ended up purchasing the car and have a good sense of security, as well as a good gameplan for the car thanks to him.

Thanks to everyone else for your contributions. It was short notice so I understand some others were busy.
Congrats, now pics of the Supra...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Basically will be slowly restoring it to as close to 'off the line' condition as possible. Trying to source all brand new rubbers, seals, weatherstripping, bumpers, plastic trim, etc then will be updating the interior with either new or very high quality aftermarket stuff to basically make it feel and look like a 50k dollar car that was recently built.

Still deciding whether to just do aftermarket seats or reupholster the oem in some nice genuine leather. Will send the dash to Stu to be redone. Then I may actually respray (I know) it Baltic again. The paint has a good amount of chips on the front, and theres some other blemishes around it, and part of making it look and feel like a new car I feel I will need to respray it. But I will be going original color to avoid having to repaint the bay and save as much value as possible. Also I'm in the process of learning how to lay and vacuum form my own CF parts, and I will probably start to remanufacture a lot of the interior to carbon.

Only then will I move on to wheels and suspension, which will probably include a disassembly of the whole front and rear end to do every bushing. Then I may go with exhaust and FMIC. But I want it to be a heartstopping gem before I even get to the wheels/etc. Biggest concern is to transform the interior with materials and cleanliness that make it seem like it was designed as a supercar in modern times (or as close as I can get).

My priorities are probably nearly 180 degrees from the usual order people go, but that's pretty common for me lol. I'll make a build thread once things actually get rolling.

Cheers

P.S. - If you know a good place where I can get all the trims, weatherstripping, etc at a bundle price vs. buying every little thing separately new from an oem distributor, please let me know!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts