Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just though I would let off some steam but anyways been trying to sell the supra for about 3 weeks and still no luck get a few calls but no one comes to look at it. I have dropped the price quite a few times too and over 5,000 dollars has been invested in the car. Its an n/a so mabye thats why no one wants to buy it but as soon as I can sell it I can begin my quest for a turbo supra (perferably a taraga top). I just been comsumed by this dream of owing a turbo supra w/ a taraga top I even quit my job to get a job with 4x the amount of hours and pay so I can make money to fund this crazy dream.
just my n.a is the only thing holding me back I guess no one wants a supra anymore this days or it could be becuases I live in crappy saskatchewan. Mabye im just a nut but I must spend hours apon hours just browsing the supra forums and watching supra videos over and over again. I feel like I have to buy a turbo no matter what and my knowledge of the supra has expanded alot and I continue to fill my head with more and more.
Being only 18 and almost on my 3rd car. I hope to have a turbo before summer so I can enjoy it for the summer but with my luck i doubt that and alos 2 weeks ago some girl hit my car and now im waiting for SGI to get me a new paint job but its taking forever and thats reallying fucking up my chances to sell it.

I think god doesn't want me to have a turbo supra :(

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
somehow i'm sure that you think that more mods = more money. you can only expect to get back maybe 1/10th of cash invested in aftermarket parts for your car. i just get the feeling that you're asking 4 or 5 thousand for a 17 year old car, that's not even turbocharged.

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im asking 6,500 canadian for it but im probaly goign down in the price also rember that is candaian and I live in Saskatchewan just the other week a 88 n/a supra in saskatchewan sold for 6,000 and mine is in way better shape i think im just unlucky.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yea, supras sell for alot up here.. i sold a 88 black n/a with 270,000 km on it. given it had a jdm engine with aparnetly only 60,000 km but yea, sold it for 6000 with a faded front bumper.. you just have to wait. i just bought my 89 white turbo for 8000 with 170,000 KM.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
suggestion, take out as many mods as you can and sell it stock..

in my experience really clean NAs sell for about 2500 or so, maybe...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I say you rebuild your engine and turbo it. Depending on the shape of your engine now it can be done for relativly cheep. And if you cant have no car for a period of time you can just buy a short block, rebuild it, slap the turbo stuff on it, and throw it in your car when you are ready. And having a targa isnt really what is hyped up to be. Dont get me wrong, I like having a targa, but when you take it off you loose so much structual integrity and the car handles like shit. Kind of takes away the fun even when you have the top off the car. But maybe thats just me :dunno:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
doom26462 said:
im asking 6,500 canadian for it but im probaly goign down in the price also rember that is candaian and I live in Saskatchewan just the other week a 88 n/a supra in saskatchewan sold for 6,000 and mine is in way better shape i think im just unlucky.

youre not unlucky..youre just a whiner.

dont mean to be hard on ya, but you sound like a lil 13 year old whos friends left to some kids house while u sat in ur room grounded.

put the car up for sale..leave it up for sale...promote your car when you can and itll eventually sell.
make it obvious the cars in great shape, everything runs, its a toyota etc. etc. and youll have a sale eventually.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Johnny Dangerously said:
youre not unlucky..youre just a whiner.

dont mean to be hard on ya, but you sound like a lil 13 year old whos friends left to some kids house while u sat in ur room grounded.

put the car up for sale..leave it up for sale...promote your car when you can and itll eventually sell.
make it obvious the cars in great shape, everything runs, its a toyota etc. etc. and youll have a sale eventually.
HAHA. That's good. 13 year old. Funny stuff.

Seriously though, complaining about 3 weeks? I've sold cars that have taken 3+ MONTHS or longer to sell.

What you really have to understand is you aren't selling a Camry or an Accord. You are selling a Supra. Someone is going to have to specifically be looking for that car to buy it. Someone will eventually come along, but 3 weeks is a little quick.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
doom26462 said:
yeah i sopuses hahah i am being a winny little bitch. oh well hopefully it will sell soon.

lol that reminds me of Squeak on BASEketball.

anyways dude..keep ur chin up..concentrate on your goals and how to reach them instead of how hard it is to reach them.

itll sell eventually..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts