Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burnt my clutch out yesterday and got a qoute for a new clutch + flywheel resurface and a set of yokohama tires for about $1500. that includes all the labor.
this is at the shop where my brother inlaw works so I am getting a discount on everything plus I can trust them. Im woundring If I should just let them buy the clutch for me or find one myself and let them install it.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i bought my clutch for about $500 from i think jscspeed.com but i cant remember if that was the site. but then a shop resurfaced my flywheel and installed my clutch for $200+tax (dropping tranny and reinstalling it). so unless your tires cost $700 your getting ripped off :gaysex:

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Ehhh how much are the tires?

Stock clutches aren't that expensive and labor on a clutch job should only be ~400 (you don't need a performance shop to put a clutch in). Seems high to me even without a "discount".

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tires are 500 mounted and balanced and the clutch is 450 and labor is ~450.
Im looking at clutches online and am woundring what are good clutches... and should I get a stage 1 or an OEM clutch? my supra is bone stock at the moment but eventually I want to add more stuff to it.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
if yur planning on modding soon or drag racing i'd go ahead and get a Spec stage 3 clutch and get it over with. if you dont have much power that just means it'll last longer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we might do it over the weekend on our spare time so it should only cost the cost of the clutch kit and tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts