Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I use oem map sensor with the progressive controller?
if so, how big is the OE map sesor (bar)? so I can order the right progressive controller.
or I just have to order a GM map sensor.
Thanks,Stephen

· Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
okay, that is kind of what I was thinking.
but is it a 5v sensor right? if I boost higher than 20 psi it will read 5v right?because I'm only need it to run the progressive controller to start let said 10psi then full meth at about 15psi. so when I hit full boost (23-24psi) the meth will still fully on right?
which one is more reliable, the stock map or other like GM?Thanks.

· Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi,Tres. what I trying to said is that if is it okay to use the stock map sensor to run the meth controller. will it be reliable? (stock map sensor)

· Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
after some searched I have found this:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4787157#post4787157
Map Sensor:
I should have researched this part more because this is the only screw up I made.
I tapped this boost sensor wire here and later read it out that it didnt privide enough voltage. Don't tap this, lol.

You need a map sensor to provide a signal source for the controller. As I said earlier, I first tapped a stock boost sensor thinking it would work. This caused to pump to spray about 1/8 tank of mix into my charge pipes while the car was off. As you can probably geuss I had to crank it for about 5 minutes before a sudden spout of meth sprayed out my BOV like a geyser, causing the whole shop to look at me with utter confusion.
anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.