Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some symptoms that is making my car run a little off.

1) When the car is cold and I do any sort of fast acceleration then put the clutch it, the revs drop and the car almost dies.
2) It sounds like it's backfiring when I do that
3) When i do a run with the throttle > 80% through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd the car studers and check engine light comes on when i shift. (Boost cut?)

If any of you guys have any suggestions as to what is wrong or what i could look at, i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Diagnosis

Check your throttle position sensor and the dashpot on the throttle body!
You may also wanna check for loose or cracked intercooler hoses!
Are you getting any codes?
Malik

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
sounds like a leaky bov, boost leak, faulty tps

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock BOV
yeah.. boost leak would cause the back firing?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would I find a boost leak if one exists in the IC piping?
How would I test my stock 'BOV' to see if it is faulty?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hold the car steady up to 5k(no romping) and it shudders! Loses power and check engine light comes one. Help narrow the problem down?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Well first off, you shouldn't e doing any sort of hard acceleration when the car is cold. That's the first thing you need to do.

2nd, check all your IC pipes for leaks. Take them off and pressure test them if you need to.

3rd, go through and check and re-chek and then check again your TPS.

Also if you haven't already done so, check for codes.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's not really hard.. 50% throttle.. which shouldn't be a problem.
How do I check codes?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wouldn't the "check engine" light me on all the time if I were thowing codes?

Guys i need your help.. my car i srunning sooo shitty a civic just beat me :|

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
you can still check for codes even though the light isn't on. After the sputtering and almost dying.....How does it idle? How's the plugs?

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
AFM coud be dying??? boost leak, tps, too big of plug gap,

i know my car was doing this one time after a LONG hard pull to 140 on the highway i got off an exit and it was doing what yurs is doing and it ended up being the IAC came on bolted from engine vibration or something. 3 in the morning try to tighten the bolts with my fingers and a old rubber gasket for grip on the bolts. sounds like you are leaking air somewhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
well my BHG sympthoms looked just like that ;) so i also could advice to check your compression ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
compressions is perfect.. i just don't want to ahve to rip everything out to find the problem.. i want to be able to narrow it down with some good ol' fashion dective work.. not just go.. it might be bad test these 10 crucial parts

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
ok your asking for help but not offering anything new other than you dont want to pull everything apart. go check your codes, see if there are any and come back to us. second you shouldnt be racing people if the car isnt running that well. pull your plugs, check to see if your tps is in spec per TSRM specs.

God helps those who help themselves there chief, get to work.

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
MKIIINA said:
ok your asking for help but not offering anything new other than you dont want to pull everything apart. go check your codes, see if there are any and come back to us. second you shouldnt be racing people if the car isnt running that well. pull your plugs, check to see if your tps is in spec per TSRM specs.

God helps those who help themselves there chief, get to work.
Amen :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts