Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my car running again with a new engine......I think the bad CPS wiring at the plug caused the detonation death of the last engine, the last 1/8" of wires were bare and frayed, most likely touching each other at the plug. So I found another plug and wired it in. Now I have code 13 and I cant find why. I searched and code 13 means Crank sensor circuit, and something about the NE signal wire (crank sensor input at the ecu)......well I checked out all the wires and it seems to be ok, I even changed the crank sensor with a known working one and I still have the code. Can anyone confirm if code 13 is for the cam sensors too?.

Any other ideas?, besides re-wiring the cam and crank sensors with new wiring?. BTW I find it wierd that when the check engine light is on, it flickers when the turn signals are on.

Randy

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
when i put my turn signals on, my voltage gauge (stock na) drops about .2volts, it's pretty funny seeing it tick back and forth with the signals

it may be a damaged tooth on the trigger wheel (on the crank sprocket) throwing the code.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had this code not too long ago and it turned out that the timing was slightly off (both the intake and exhaust cams were off one tooth). The timing of the crank sensor and the cam sensors were off and the ecu was throwing the code.

Now if you know for sure that the timing is spot on, I would suggest (like di_rosa) to check the reluctor wheel that the crank sensor reads.
The simplest way to check do the following steps:
1) take the timing belt tensioner off
2) take out the crank sensor
3) check to make sure that all 12 teeth are in good condition and make sure that the reluctor wheel is not loose by any means.
4) put it all back together.

I can get a little more detailed if you want, but once you take the crank sensor off, you will know what i'm talking about.

I'm finding out that these JZ engines are very finiky ;) I'm chasing a demon of my own and hope to have it solved.

Good luck and keep us updated on the solution.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
an out of whack TPS can cause this same code... verify it is calibrated too

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I figured it out yesterday, I checked the resistance on the cam, and crank sensors, and one of the cam sensors was toast. I replaced it with one from my old engine, and the light and code is gone!!!

I still think the dash ground needs to be fixed too, but Ill leave that for another day.

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts