Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a diagnostic check tonight because my check engine light was on and hazard light?
Well, did the test and came back with 21, 42, and 47.

21 - Main heated oxygen sensor signal

42 - Vehicle speed sensor

47 - Sub-throttle position sensor signal

Okay, so do I need to be worried about these, or can I take my time fixing them?

Does anyone know where I can get an new 02 sensor for cheap? I've heard of people getting them for around 100$

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You need to fix the O2 and speed signal problem as soon as possible. They are critical signals where the sub throttle is not. You can get an O2 from Curt at Elmhurst Toyota or Jeff at Champion Toyota. Codes can mean the sensor itself, wiring or bad ecu. You should trouble shoot further using the factory manual. The car should not be running right if the O2 is bad. And the speed sensor is usually bad solder points on the odometer board. The signal passes through there.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how do I fix the speed sensor? I pulled out my dash the other day to change out the AT tach for the 6spd tach...do you think this would have anything to do with the speed sensor being faulting?

I'll check my 02 sensor and all the wiring when I get home today. You said they talk about this in the owner manual...I'll read that at work :bigthumb:

Thanks for your help.

Oh, and any idea how much these parts cost to fix??? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
For the speed sensor, you'll have to look in the book to see how to test it. First thing I'd do is swap the tach back to original and see if that takes care of it. I don't know the differences between the two. If not, I'd go through and resolder the contacts on the odometer board. Third, I'd try to inspect as much of the wiring as possible. And 4th, check out the sensor itself.

The O2 is just over $100 if you order it from one of the two places I mentioned.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll check the book!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts